East Bank – I-24 to the Cumberland/I-24 Overpass up to Jefferson – 338 Acres, Nissan Stadium, "Imagine East Bank"

downtownresident

I wonder the time table is like with this project with our hopes of hosting World Cup matches I’m sure FIFA would want the renovations complete and a renovated stadium would really help our chances. 

I hope this is a good plan for the city, with the financial issues the city has and the global pandemic, announcing a bad financial plan right now would be a really bad look. 

Edited by Titans10
  • Like 1

I think the Wrigley Field concept is an over statement as that area took a 100 years to build up and is a true neighborhood with character. Nissan stadium is not Wrigley Field and you can't watch a game from the rooftops of surrounding homes as there are bleachers built there.

I think that statment is a pile of BS. 

In order for the Titans and Metro to get a true ROI it will end up being the standard midrise highrise concepts that are around other modern stadiums. The area around Wrigley is a true old school neighborhood. 

They basically said in the article the real estate price is increasing exponentially around the stadium , so it will be a major project. 

We are also looking at a 20 year build out, and also 20 years worth of upgrades so there will not be a new stadium. The article also said MLB was not brought up.

We now have enough mixed use projects to carry Nashville thru 2050!

• Like 3

As with any mixed use project, parking will have to be incorporated into the project to accommodate game day attendance. Underground and pedestal parking would have to be built underneath the new structures, thus anything that resembles a nice quite neighborhood is not there, especially if you are gong to have a entertainment district.

If I were the MLB group I think I would be trying to pool resource's  to incorporate a MLB stadium and their mixed use plan with what the Titans want to do. spread the risk to as many people as possible. That would be a win win for both groups and Metro.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

I’d like to see some numbers of people who actually drive and park at the stadium. Just from my experience with parking, I think it could be scaled way back. 

I was going to say the exact same thing, everybody I've known finds a lot downtown and makes the walk over the pedestrian bridge, it's usually easier to get out that way.

12 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

If I were the MLB group I think I would be trying to pool resource's  to incorporate a MLB stadium and their mixed use plan with what the Titans want to do. spread the risk to as many people as possible. That would be a win win for both groups and Metro.

That's a great point. I'm kind of surprised that they haven't had any kinds of conversations like that already, but going public with this may be the first step toward an agreement. I think that it's clear that the MLB's vision of being right at the foot of the pedestrian bridge is a no-go, but there's more than enough space for them to be incorporated and actually keep the area activated for more of the year. 

• Like 3

A 2017 study on the aging stadium found a need for nearly $300 million in improvements over the next 20 years, from upgrading old technology, scoreboard and video displays to fixing the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. 

300 million can go a long way. Lets see what it will include. That is the 2017 number and I will bet it is bigger now.

• Like 1

Canopy covering both the sidelines with expanded concourses on all three levels would be amazing, more food and beverage options.  Look at pictures of the Seahawks stadium, that’s what we should be shooting for. 

After going to Mercedes Benz in Atlanta last year you realize how bare bones Nissan stadium is. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, henburg said:

The Seahawks stadium feels like a great model, as it is one of the few located so close to downtown like Nissan Stadium and they have incorporated surrounding developments nicely in recent years-

54 minutes ago, titanhog said:

To me…it would be smart for the MLB guys to bring Adams on board as part owner if they get a team and turn that entire area into a sports complex (football and baseball stadium) with maybe 6-7 mixed used towers…lots of entertainments options, etc.  Could be a truly special part of the city…and having baseball could help drive that area to pull in way more $$ in the spring and summer when football isn’t going on.  Would be a shame to attempt to make that area an all-year entertainment area with just football alone.

Seattle is a good example of what a NFL and MLB stadium sports complex could look like. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I’d like to see some numbers of people who actually drive and park at the stadium. Just from my experience with parking, I think it could be scaled way back. 

My family has parked at the stadium since the beginning. They have a core group of 20-40 people  each game that tailgate. Granted they all opted out this year.  It would upset quite a few of them if they lost the ability to park on site but I think some of them enjoy the tailgating more.  I don't go to any games but I typically ride my bike downtown for a game or two a year. After going to the same spot for the last 20+ years it is very easy to spot the difference in the parking lot. It used to be a madhouse finding a spot and almost no room to stretch. Now there is basically no rules to how much space you take up for tents, chairs, etc

• Thanks 1

Short-sided if it doesn't include some way to enclose the stadium for hosting potential Final Fours and Super Bowls...am I the only person who feels this way?

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

To me…it would be smart for the MLB guys to bring Adams on board as part owner if they get a team and turn that entire area into a sports complex (football and baseball stadium)

Not sure what she or the Adams family bring to the table other than a would be blessing for an MLB site...the Adams family is one of the "poorest" ownership groups in the NFL.

33 minutes ago, tragenvol said:

Short-sided if it doesn't include some way to enclose the stadium for hosting potential Final Fours and Super Bowls...am I the only person who feels this way?

Not sure what she or the Adams family bring to the table other than a would be blessing for an MLB site...the Adams family is one of the "poorest" ownership groups in the NFL.

What it would bring is the possibility of an MLB stadium next to the CBD.  That’s all I’m concerned about.   Without getting the Titans and mayor on board, they’ll definitely have to build somewhere else…and land large enough to do that close to the CBD is minimal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

What it would bring is the possibility of an MLB stadium next to the CBD.  That’s all I’m concerned about.   Without getting the Titans and mayor on board, they’ll definitely have to build somewhere else…and land large enough to do that close to the CBD is minimal.

The mlb to Nashville to plan is not in any way serious. They have no substantial financial backer(which they need), and have lined up a few celebrity backers that quite clearly they have required no financial requirement from.

the continued talk of this is like talking about a 1000ft tower downtown!