East Bank – I-24 to the Cumberland/I-24 Overpass up to Jefferson – 338 Acres, Nissan Stadium, "Imagine East Bank"

downtownresident

At this point, it appears that the only holdback is the question of the stadium plans. Once it’s determined where it’s location will be ( plan A or plan B) then Metro could start the process of infrastructure. We know that there’s developers at the ready ( GBT, RMR , etc) that are probably just waiting for Metro to decide on a final plan, so they know where the roadways will be placed. Once Oracle, RiverNorth , GBT,RMR projects start becoming a reality, the train so to speak will start rolling.

I would rather see more green space than development on the East Bank-as I have said before, Nashville needs serious green space in the center. It needs its "Central Park" for all the residents moving downtown and into adjacent areas.

Nashville should concentrate on bringing more density and redevelopment in surrounding neighborhoods extending outwards away from downtown.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

I am imagining something much bigger-like Zilker Park and Barton Creek Wilderness Park in Austin.

I don’t think there is substantial acreage available in the proximity of downtown Nashville to facilitate such a vision. Even the entire East Bank isn’t that big, and there’s no way the majority of the East Bank is going to be parkland.

There’s two ways to look at this. On one hand a BIG “Central Park” green space would be a welcoming place and addition to the city, but on the other hand is the question as to a municipal park being solely on the cost of the city , without generating any form of returns. No tax revenue, high maintenance costs , and valuable land being off limits to development that could bring in tax revenues and jobs etc. imo, it’s better to have more smaller neighborhood parks in areas that are more likely to benefit from them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Isn’t the Bicentennial Mall State Park already our “Central Park?” It’s a pretty big green playground.

Not to mention the entrance to Shelby Park is just around the bend from the East Bank and could easily be incorporated into the overall plan.  Just go ahead and relocate all the businesses along Davidson Street (on the river side) leading up to the Shelby Park entrance and convert the entire area into greenspace with a bike path, walking path, trees, picnic tables, etc.

Edited by PillowTalk4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

City leaders weigh in onEast Bank Vision; ask how it will serve Nashville as a whole.

More behind The Tennessean paywall here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson/2022/08/25/east-bank-project-nashville-titans-stadium-river-north-leaders-discuss/7874446001/

Interesting new 3D renderings in article:

East Bank Vision, Aug 25, 2022, render.png

East Bank Vision, Aug 25, 2022, render 2.png

I can't read the article b/c no subscription. Is this a "final" plan?  Pardon my grumpy rant :tw_confounded:  ...  Why does this look so different from the renderings in the published Imagine East Bank plan?  I think this one is hideous if it's anything more than a transitional stage.  I assume the yellow is pavement of some sort.  It smacks of suburban design in too many areas, such as the "yards" on just about every block;  the disconnection of the streets reminiscent of cul de sacs in tract subdivisions; and the circular buildings that inefficiently occupy a block (taking away key commercial nodes at corners). Why are there streets between the central park and the surrounding buildings?   And the placement of the high-rises (around the edges) looks like a novice Minecraft model. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

City leaders weigh in onEast Bank Vision; ask how it will serve Nashville as a whole.

More behind The Tennessean paywall here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson/2022/08/25/east-bank-project-nashville-titans-stadium-river-north-leaders-discuss/7874446001/

Interesting new 3D renderings in article:

East Bank Vision, Aug 25, 2022, render.png

East Bank Vision, Aug 25, 2022, render 2.png

Pretty sure this is an actual real physical model, which would lead me to believe it is probably a little outdated. Looks like it was used as a sketch model to test ideas and easily swap things in an out. The renderings and plans in the publication would undoubtedly be the most up to date

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Archibum said:

Pretty sure this is an actual real physical model, which would lead me to believe it is probably a little outdated. Looks like it was used as a sketch model to test ideas and easily swap things in an out. The renderings and plans in the publication would undoubtedly be the most up to date

This is spot on - the caption for the image in the Tennessean does mention it's a small-scale physical model instead of 3D rendering.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nashvillain said:

^ I did an In-Person Drop-in today. I didn't realize it was just me talking with members of the planning commish and a dude from NDOT. I'm pretty sure I got them to agree to change everything to my preferences :tw_sweat_smile:

I swear, if you convinced them of another round-about over there with a “Stix 2”, you’re in trouble. :tw_blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3