East Bank – I-24 to the Cumberland/I-24 Overpass up to Jefferson – 338 Acres, Nissan Stadium, "Imagine East Bank"

downtownresident

7 hours ago, DMilner said:

Modeling it after Hard Rock would be a home run. I grew up in south Florida and my dad went to Miami, so we typically go down once or twice a year for a game. You wouldn’t believe it was the same stadium if you had been before the renovations. 

405DB1FA-3232-4C0A-86B7-10D5679FEE89.jpeg

403D2A5D-5178-4D80-BEED-9B3BA81A04CC.jpeg

Hardrock is evidently what the Titans are shooting for.  Amy Adam was impressed with that redesign.

4 hours ago, tragenvol said:

Short-sided if it doesn't include some way to enclose the stadium for hosting potential Final Fours and Super Bowls...am I the only person who feels this way?

Not sure what she or the Adams family bring to the table other than a would be blessing for an MLB site...the Adams family is one of the "poorest" ownership groups in the NFL.

I don't think they do Final Fours anymore in football stadiums.

• Like 1

Yeppers... the covering of the stands and closing the bowl with something other than a 'quaint pseudo village" is the least they need to do if they ever want to host BIG GAMES.  Nothing on the cheap gets you any big events in the NFL and sporting world, and the daughter of the cheapest bastahd in the history of the league better open up her wallet. 

BTW:  You folks may know how absurd I think your mayor is, and of course I've expressed my disdain for his brother as well. But I need to give credit where it's due.  If the negotiations for River North... and Oracle specifically work out successfully, then I'll give him credit. Let's see! I don't want to shoot my wad (so to speak ... you know gunpowder and cotton) prematurely. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, samsonh said:

The mlb to Nashville to plan is not in any way serious. They have no substantial financial backer(which they need), and have lined up a few celebrity backers that quite clearly they have required no financial requirement from.

the continued talk of this is like talking about a 1000ft tower downtown!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, titanhog said:

To me…it would be smart for the MLB guys to bring Adams on board as part owner

16 hours ago, titanhog said:

What it would bring is the possibility of an MLB stadium next to the CBD.  That’s all I’m concerned about.   Without getting the Titans and mayor on board, they’ll definitely have to build somewhere else…and land large enough to do that close to the CBD is minimal.

An elicit approval allowing them in the neighborhood isn't worth a piece of ownership. 

12 hours ago, japan said:

I don't think they do Final Fours anymore in football stadiums.

They don't play them anywhere else than other domed football stadiums.

Final Fours now means NCAA Football playoffs as well as basketball.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tragenvol said:

An elicit approval allowing them in the neighborhood isn't worth a piece of ownership. 

Just depends how badly they want to be on the east bank near Titans Stadium and all of the mixed use.  But I agree…I’m sure they’d rather be able to buy some land and include mixed-use towers themselves, as it would help pay for the stadium.

• Like 1

I know, right? Like who's going to say, "I don't know what to get at concessions..."? [looks over at the hokey small town store fronts and says] "Oh wow!!! Is that a quaint small town... HERE in the stadium? I don't know what they're selling but I want it! Bar-b-q? Load it up! Nachos? Pile em on!  What? No beer here? Oh... right, dry town!" With both hands holding dogs and chips, forced to go squeeze through the gauntlet of fans packed in the small covered area of the two covered concourses to get a beer. And sparsely placed smallish TVs to watch the game you're being forced to watch the part of the game you're missing.   Apologies to Brian Regan on his "Balloons" bit. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Underneath all the shiny new playthings and oversized screens, it's still the same bucket of bolts. Looks like they'll be removing the faux village at the endzones.  Still not closing the bowl, but starting to understand how that could be an advantage for these major distraction zones. I hope they open up some of those concourses to the field so that people stepping out for concessions can step forward to see some action if necessary.  I expect however, that the structure of the stadium won't allow that. Plus, I look at all that new addition and am inclined to see "Extra Charge" Zones all over the place as if season tix holders aren't already paying through the nose for mediocrity (ok, there was this season and last season). 

Edited by MLBrumby

These are pretty underwhelming. They could do a lot more with the plazas around the scoreboards. Most of the newer stadiums that have open end zones also have multi-level party decks and 360-degree concourses. And what is that, a canopy for ants?

42 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I hope they open up some of those concourses to the field so that people stepping out for concessions can step forward to see some action if necessary.  I expect however, that the structure of the stadium won't allow that.

I'm just going off of memory but I'm pretty sure they could do it for the main concourse. The concession areas are not integral to the structure. It might get weird with the press boxes immediately above.

It couldn't be done for the upper concourse without removing seats.

• Like 2

A key benefit to a canopy over the upper level should take into account helping out to shade the seats on the east side during the hottest days early each season. I realize those people pay a bit less for their miserable moment in the sun, but I sat there once with a colleague and it was unbearably hot and difficult to see at times with the sun in our eyes. And we were wearing shades. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

A key benefit to a canopy over the upper level should take into account helping out to shade the seats on the east side during the hottest days early each season. I realize those people pay a bit less for their miserable moment in the sun, but I sat there once with a colleague and it was unbearably hot and difficult to see at times with the sun in our eyes. And we were wearing shades. 

yeah that canopy in the renderings doesn't look like it would do anything for anyone 

Yeah...we definitely need more than this. So far, these appear to show that the most extensive changes that amount to added event space and luxury seating, which are amenities that most fans probably won't use anyway. That partial roof is the right idea, but looks like it would only shield about the top 7 or so rows at best, making it virtually useless as well. Ideally, more of an emphasis would be placed toward drastically renovating the guts of what's already there- main concourses, concession areas, bathrooms, etc.

It's an improvement don't get me wrong, and I like the idea of the plaza because it shows that they're considering how to better connect the inside with the outside, I just hope that we can take this and extend it further.

Edited by henburg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PHofKS said:
  • The addition of what looks like in the renderings, but not specifically mentioned in the e-mail, a new concourse at the top level with a roof over it.

I think what you're pointing out in the card is the back end of the party decks. Note the split-level roofs in the end zones. There wouldn't be a whole lot of benefit to adding a new concourse at the top of the seats given it would need ramp access. It would also have to be cantilevered off the back of the existing structure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

I think what you're pointing out in the card is the back end of the party decks. Note the split-level roofs in the end zones. 

I cannot find the split-leveled roofs in the end zone. Can you point out?

13 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

There wouldn't be a whole lot of benefit to adding a new concourse at the top of the seats given it would need ramp access. It would also have to be cantilevered off the back of the existing structure.

I noticed that the ramps to get up the the top level are "hidden" or not shown in the renderings. Are they being taken out, or is the new concourse not a cantilever but new support (outside the existing ramps) up to the new concourse?

Overall I really wanted a roof like Seattle or Miami, but if this renovation is what gets the Titans to extend their lease, I will certainly take it. 

• Like 2