East Bank – I-24 to the Cumberland/I-24 Overpass up to Jefferson – 338 Acres, Nissan Stadium, "Imagine East Bank"

downtownresident

2 hours ago, bigeasy said:

Wouldn't the city need some substantial interstate redesign/improvements in order for that area to be supported? Traffic around there is already awful. I can't imagine what it would be like if those exits around the stadium had even more traffic. 

Weird. I've never thought of it as that bad, even on game days. 

• 5 months later...

Hopes are high that the extensive remodeling will include a roof to make the stadium Super Bowl-ready. But the revamped stadium will also be the centerpiece of a remade downtown that encompasses both banks of the Cumberland River.

Is a full roof an actual possibility? I highly, highly doubt that. A partial roof I could see, however. 

Praying a deal is completed soon. 

23 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Hopes are high that the extensive remodeling will include a roof to make the stadium Super Bowl-ready. But the revamped stadium will also be the centerpiece of a remade downtown that encompasses both banks of the Cumberland River.

Is a full roof an actual possibility? I highly, highly doubt that. A partial roof I could see, however. 

Praying a deal is completed soon. 

I don't read anything new in this report except it seems the Titans want a roof but aren't willing to pay anything toward it. In short, a roof wouldn't add to their revenue. 

Why does everything now have to have stages?  How about we not spend money on things that detract from the game and use it towards improving the actual stadium?  It's a 2 hour game.  If people want to hear someone sing the same ole country songs over and over, they can make the short hike to Broadway.  And... massive dining areas?  Whatever happened to squishing in to a football game seat with two dogs and a beer?  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Why does everything now have to have stages?  How about we not spend money on things that detract from the game and use it towards improving the actual stadium?  It's a 2 hour game.  If people want to hear someone sing the same ole country songs over and over, they can make the short hike to Broadway.  And... massive dining areas?  Whatever happened to squishing in to a football game seat with two dogs and a beer?  

In line with the 4th rule of construction in Nashville: 'It's better to build a stage you don't need than to need a stage you don't build."

Interestingly, the average length of an NFL game has been over 3 hours every season for like 25 years, yet there's only about 18 minutes of actual football being played. That's a lot of downtime to fill and you can't spend all of it waiting in line for food/restrooms.

I assume it will be similar to the Pred's band just playing during period breaks, and that the Titan's band isn't going to be firing up the amplifiers after every first down - but that would be pretty cool in my opinion if they did. Mostly though, I figure the stage is just another easy 'on brand' feature that can showcase a little of what makes Music City unique as the network feed slowly fades to commercial break, but if they really wanted to showcase our uniqueness and put in a little creative effort they could incorporate hot tub/karaoke/hay bail party busses instead. 

Edited by ruraljuror
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I have to think this next round of renovations are going to help them make money the other 356 days of the year when there aren't games.

And perhaps bring in more revenue per game by having companies pay-up to get the deck for their group.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

I was hoping there was going to be info on what goes on the acreage surrounding the stadium.  What type of development…retail, hotels, residential, etc.

That is a long way off. They are still doing the meeting to determine what kind of development the  neighbors might want. My guess it is two years form a plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTS6GAAsFDJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

I do have opinions on these organizations and the people behind them, but I’ll keep them to myself.  Only wanted to share. No doubt these organizations will show up at the Oracle open public planning meetings 

Why tf are they upset about replacing a bunch of old industrial eyesores? I cannot imagine any objection to East Bank development.

• Like 2

Well, she has the ability to offer input on the East Bank plan. If she does not like the outcome, that’s another story all together. Now, planning has a job to do and they can’t do anything about inclusionary housing by order of the state.  If this is the East Bank Plan again she is talking about she has had and will have every opportunity to offer input as everyone has. If its not what she wants that’s too frickin bad. As far as affordable housing goes there is nothing Metro can do to stop rents from going up, house prices from going up, individuals from selling their homes for a profit, landlords to stop renting, etc.! Metro can however raise taxes even more to help build more affordable housing, but I don’t think the majority of voters will go for that. She and the folks standing with her probably mean well but are clueless as to the way things work and the way the laws are. 

She is just bitching about property rights. A property owner has the right to do with their property what they see fit within the law and in this case the zoning laws. There was such a short snip-it, I was unsure if she was trying to stop the Oracle project, but that is like stopping a heard of elephants at this point as they own the land now.

Out of town developers have always come in and built things. This is nothing new. That’s been happening before her Grandmother was born or even before in cities all across the country. At this point she and her gang are trying to move Mt. Everest

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well, she has the ability to offer input on the East Bank plan. If she does not like the outcome, that’s another story all together. Now, planning has a job to do and they can’t do anything about inclusionary housing by order of the state.  If this is the East Bank Plan again she is talking about she has had and will have every opportunity to offer input as everyone has. If its not what she wants that’s too frickin bad. As far as affordable housing goes there is nothing Metro can do to stop rents from going up, house prices from going up, individuals from selling their homes for a profit, landlords to stop renting, etc.! Metro can however raise taxes even more to help build more affordable housing, but I don’t think the majority of voters will go for that. She and the folks standing with her probably mean well but are clueless as to the way things work and the way the laws are. 

She is just beotching about property rights. A property owner has the right to do with their property what they see fit within the law and in this case the zoning laws. There was such a short snip-it, I was unsure if she was trying to stop the Oracle project, but that is like stopping a heard of elephants at this point as they own the land now.

Out of town developers have always come in and built things. This is nothing new. That’s been happening before her Grandmother was born or even before in cities all across the country. At this point she and her gang are trying to move Mt. Everest

SMH… the insults and hypocrisy!

What hypocrisy! Those are the facts. There is nothing she can do about what someone else does with their property according to the law. 

Yes she and her group are bitching because they are saying they have no input which is a bold faced lie, which in fact they do have input with community meetings, the East Bank meeting input sessions.

Fact out of town developers have been doing this for years and they will continue to do so as the local developers for the most part do not have the means to compete with the large developers now. There are few local developers that have the financial wherewithal to do major projects in Nashville now. 

Fact there have been no laws broken when it comes to the deals being made because Metro has to abide by the State laws regarding how the deals are made. Many of these deals are done on a State level and Metro has the ability to negotiate these deals without input from the public because of privacy laws. If they thought laws were broken they would have already brought the lawsuits!

Fact Metro cannot dictate rent control per the state! They tried

Fact Metro cannot dictate Inclusionary Housing per the state!  They tried

If she  and her group does not like the laws then they will have to change them on a state level and good luck with that. It’s not going to happen under the current political climate!

I am in the middle of the political spectrum as I have no love of either the left or right nor the tactics of either side, but the best they can do is get some Community Benefits agreement from some of these groups wanting to do other projects in the area, but Mayor Cooper already has gotten huge concessions from Oracle. 

Frankly from what I saw, I have no idea what they want. In what I could see, she was vague. It was sort of like the women that wrote the editorial in the Tennessean, totally clueless! These people have not done their homework and I suggest you do the same.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think their angle is the Titans to have a Community Benefits Agreement as part of their lease renewal (similar to NashvilleSC). Hopefully Cooper/Titans are ok with affordable housing being voluntarily included.

Just speculating, but Kevin Crumbo leaving the Metro as Cooper's finance director has to have halted East Bank / Titans negotiations. 

15 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I think their angle is the Titans to have a Community Benefits Agreement as part of their lease renewal (similar to NashvilleSC). Hopefully Cooper/Titans are ok with affordable housing being voluntarily included.

Just speculating, but Kevin Crumbo leaving the Metro as Cooper's finance director has to have halted East Bank / Titans negotiations. 

And the Speedway negotiations, unless someone else within the Finance department has taken over the responsibility for those negotiations. 

• Sad 1

Just now, downtownresident said:

And the Speedway negotiations, unless someone else within the Finance department has taken over the responsibility for those negotiations. 

According the SMI, StandUP Nashville has not returned any calls to discuss the speedway. While I do think Odessa Kelly cares about Nashville's most vulnerable, sometimes they (Odessa Kelly) appear to be chasing publicity for her run at a congressional seat as opposed to truly making a deal. 

• Like 2