Rebuilding Second Avenue

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

It's going to be a light tan cladding, and then have a mural painted on the lower levels.   I don't care for it much.

2nd Ave North, AT&T Switching Station, Nov, 22, 2021, render 1.png

2nd Ave North, AT&T Switching Station, Nov, 22, 2021, render 2.png

2nd Ave North, AT&T Switching Station, Nov, 22, 2021, render 3.png

This is what it will look like from 3rd Ave. North at Church St:

2nd Ave North, AT&T Switching Station, Nov, 22, 2021, render 4.png

I guess it’s better than that faded red color they had…but a giant beige wall isn’t going to look great.  Some fake windows would have been nice.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Coyote Ugly opened last night after significant damage suffered in the Christmas bombing of 2020.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2022/05/11/nashville-bar-coyote-ugly-saloon-reopening-after-nearly-two-years/9734520002/

Long time lurker here, but this post made me sign up to ask this before getting ready for work. Any word about The Old Spaghetti Factory, The Melting Pot and B.B. Kings place?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Long time lurker here, but this post made me sign up to ask this before getting ready for work. Any word about The Old Spaghetti Factory, The Melting Pot and B.B. Kings place?

Welcome as a contributor to the forum, Argo!  : )

I have heard that Spaghetti Factory will not be returning. Not sure about the others. 

The Spaghetti Factory is in the footprint of the Hotel that is supposed to go at 160 2nd. I have heard they wanted to return downtown like Demo's after they closed, but I really think that is a pipe dream Rents are so expensive it will be hard to do so. They may open somewhere else in Nashville, but I doubt in downtown. The site says permanently closed on 2nd Ave.

The Melting Pot website says rebuilding efforts are in process.

Melting Pot Nashville | Fine Dining in Nashville, TN

BB Kings site says permanently closed, so it does not look as if they are returning.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 6:27 AM, markhollin said:

The AT&T Switching Building's brick exterior is getting a lot of attention.

Looking north from intersection of 2nd Ave. North and Commerce St:

2nd Ave North reconstruction, Dec 26, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and Church St:

2nd Ave North reconstruction, Dec 26, 2021, 2.jpeg

I understand from a member of the Metro Arts Commission that the A T & T building will have a mural that will incorporate an historical view of the area.  I have not seen the proposal but understand from this member that she is very excited and feels will be well received instead of the plain red exterior that was there.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GreenHillsBoy said:

I understand from a member of the Metro Arts Commission that the A T & T building will have a mural that will incorporate an historical view of the area.  I have not seen the proposal but understand from this member that she is very excited and feels will be well received instead of the plain red exterior that was there.  

This is it...and it's vanilla at best.

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 2.12.33 PM.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Is this a current photo? What’s on the rooftop, looks like snow? 

That white roofing material is a very popular choice now because it reflects the heat of the hot summer sun. Lots of city buildings have white roofs!

screenshot of material description from best materials.com

1C616A63-B841-43D6-86C8-086CEEDC0315.jpeg

Edited by donNdonelson2
Add image
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Yeah, that’s not what I was referring to . I was asking about the second building from top. It’s hard for me to see it clearly, I’m using my phone at the moment as I’m not home. 

I can’t address the substance on that particular roof, but to answer another of your questions, the photo is from this morning. Sky5 posts photos on Facebook  almost every day from their early morning flights. I saw this one, among others, on their Friday post.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Anyone have any idea when this area will be redeveloped? We're going on 2 years since the blast and this is moving at a very slow snails pace.

It least that is the impression I'm getting.

They've decided they can make more money selling tickets to see “The Great Old Ruins of Nashville”…so it’s staying this way for the foreseeable future. :tw_glasses:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1