2021 Major Developments in the Raleigh Metro

RALNATIVE

16 minutes ago, RALNATIVE said:

I had been looking for a list of key planned developments in Raleigh and came across this website which summarizes it nicely. There are currently 10+ major developments in the works for this area:

https://raltoday.6amcity.com/raleigh-developments-2021/

It doesn't even include Raleigh Crossings, Union Square, nor the proposed Highwoods development on Hargett St. If all goes as planned Raleigh will be abuzz with  development activity this year.

21 hours ago, Phillydog said:

Nice list,I'd love to see one for the whole metro though...Durham, Chapel Hill, etc..  

Durham is exploding with projects in RTP and downtown, Northgate, etc..

Because the company is called Raleigh Today. :tw_tounge_xd:

I noticed travel media has started  making Raleigh its own destination compared to 10 years ago when a Raleigh travel guide would have lots of Durham/Orange County content. 

Tablethotel.com recently said in their "NEW DESTINATIONS YOU SHOULD VISIT THIS YEAR (2021)" :

"If we’ve considered the triangle of Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham a trio for as far as we can remember, we’re giving notice now — Raleigh is poised for a promising solo career. "

Edited by carolina1792
spelling error

3 hours ago, carolina1792 said:

Because the company is called Raleigh Today. :tw_tounge_xd:

I noticed travel median has started  making Raleigh its own destination compared to 10 years ago when a Raleigh travel guide would have lots of Durham/Orange County content. 

Tablethotel.com recently said in their "NEW DESTINATIONS YOU SHOULD VISIT THIS YEAR (2021)" :

"If we’ve considered the triangle of Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham a trio for as far as we can remember, we’re giving notice now — Raleigh is poised for a promising solo career. "

I'm increasingly hearing the entire Triangle now referred to as Raleigh on a national and international level.

Sorry Durham...

Edited by RALNATIVE

21 minutes ago, RALNATIVE said:

I'm increasingly hearing the entire Triangle now referred to as Raleigh on a national and international level.

Sorry Durham...

So, they are saying, "The Triangle is Raleigh"?  "The Raleigh Triangle"?   It's hard to say "Raleigh" when the big jobs annoucement is in "Durham".

45 minutes ago, Phillydog said:

So, they are saying, "The Triangle is Raleigh"?  "The Raleigh Triangle"?   It's hard to say "Raleigh" when the big jobs annoucement is in "Durham".

Job announcements are local. I'm referring to national and international communications about the area. It's more and more being referred to as "Raleigh."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phillydog said:

More people live in the City of Raleigh than both Orange and Durham County combined and Wake County keeps bumping the difference higher every year.  Jobs go to RTP, it just happens that most of it is in Durham County the majority of people working there live in Wake. 

9 hours ago, RALNATIVE said:

Sorry Durham...

Not directed at you RALNATIVE -- To everyone, the problem with a bashing Durham or Raleigh or Chapel Hill or Cary is that this collection of very different cities is what makes "The Triangle" unique, diverse, and infinitely more interesting than if it was just one.  I hope that all of the cities and towns in the Triangle offer something unique, that they cultivate what makes them different as they grow.  Bashing Durham, or Raleigh, is a waste of energy and it hurts the region.  We should be championing each other and focusing our derision on places like Atlanta, Nashville, and Austin that are taking jobs and people  away from the Triangle and North Carolina.  Same for bashing Charlotte -- our economic competition isn't other places in NC -- The diversity of cities and landscapes is what makes North Carolina stand out.  It's our competitive advantage over Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia, etc. IMHO.  

• Like 3

My only wish is that the metro area is referred to Raleigh Durham  again not as 2 metro areas.  There is so much cross commuting between Wake and Durham counties it is not even funny.  I heard it was more political decision.   Raleigh Durham metro areas combined as one is LARGER than Nashville for example.  Parts of Cary in the Raleigh metro area are in Chatham County which is part of the Durham metro area. I don't understand why this was ever broken apart and I agree you are stronger as one metro area Raleigh Durham Cary Chapel Hill.  And yes I put Cary in there as is a city in its own right with thousands of jobs and even suburbs of its own.   I don't care if Cary is classified as a "town" it is a major force in the metro area.

Just as Charlotte is a large metro area just because most are connected the key county which is Mecklenburg you have 2 key counties Wake and Durham and all the counties around them are in the orbit of one or both of them.   Chatham is pulled in both for example.  Granville and with the new I-885 connector will be an easy commute to jobs in Morrisville and Cary in Wake as well as Durham employment hubs.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

My only wish is that the metro area is referred to Raleigh Durham  again not as 2 metro areas.  There is so much cross commuting between Wake and Durham counties it is not even funny.  I heard it was more political decision.   Raleigh Durham metro areas combined as one is LARGER than Nashville for example.  Parts of Cary in the Raleigh metro area are in Chatham County which is part of the Durham metro area. I don't understand why this was ever broken apart and I agree you are stronger as one metro area Raleigh Durham Cary Chapel Hill.  And yes I put Cary in there as is a city in its own right with thousands of jobs and even suburbs of its own.   I don't care if Cary is classified as a "town" it is a major force in the metro area.

Just as Charlotte is a large metro area just because most are connected the key county which is Mecklenburg you have 2 key counties Wake and Durham and all the counties around them are in the orbit of one or both of them.   Chatham is pulled in both for example.  Granville and with the new I-885 connector will be an easy commute to jobs in Morrisville and Cary in Wake as well as Durham employment hubs.  

KJHburg you should move to the Triangle.  :)

Never did I think the day would come where someone from Charlotte would show so much interest in this area, but that's a good thing.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...