Eden House, 16 stories, 200', 92 condos, 8,800 sq. ft. retail/restaurant, 260 capacity garage, 2025 Richard Jones Rd., Green Hills

markhollin

I am still trying to determine the height allowed a the UDO is a pain to figure out in Green Hills. I was trying to figure it out Saturday and this is not my bailiwick.  I think its between 10 and 15 depending on the set back. I know there is a parcel that is on Hillsboro that by rights can go 20.

Maybe one of you guys that deals with the UDO's and such that knows the codes really well can figure it out for me. I am doing way too much to try and spend a ton of time on it.

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Eden House will be a minimum 10 story residential tower with probably 200 units being planned by GBT Realty for the site of the former Green Hills Fire Station on .87 acre at 2025 Richard Jones Rd, immediately to the north of Vertis Green Hills (18 stories, opened in 2018). 

GBT will soon hold a community regarding the plans says Metro Councilman Russ Pulley, in whose this district it would be built. He said the name Eden is derived from one of the original streets in Green Hills, while “House” references the former Nashville Fire Station building (pictured) sitting on the site.

Neither renderings nor the future building's height has been released yet.

GBT emailed the Nashville Post a statement noting Eden House will be "a high-end residential project that will complement Green Hills with ground-floor retail and restaurants to increase connectivity and walkability along Richard Jones Rd.” 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145628/mixeduse-tower-planned-for-green-hills

The firehouse currently on the site:

Eden House, Jan 25 2021, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Eden House, Jan 25 2021, site map.png

Isn't there a plan for fixing the cluster f--k dogleg at that intersection with H'boro and RJ Rd. and over to Abbott Martin?  Still think it'd be well worth the investment if Metro brokered a deal to swap land with the owners of the land that used to be Davis Kidd Bookstore so that RJ Rd. could connect over to Bandywood. I remember thinking that 30 years ago when I was driving around Green Hills, just thinking how awful that roads are laid out. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Eden House, 16 stories, 200', 111 condos, 8,800 sq. ft. retail/restaurant, 260 capacity garage, 2025 Richard Jones Rd., Green Hills
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Eden House, 16 stories, 200', 92 condos, 8,800 sq. ft. retail/restaurant, 260 capacity garage, 2025 Richard Jones Rd., Green Hills
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

There's a rumor floating among Southern Land's the Vertis residents (probably started by Southern Land management) that George Tomlin has canceled his plan to construct Eden House on the old fire station property on Richard Jones Rd. in Green Hills (next to the Vertis).

• Sad 2

Groundbreaking has been pushed back to the end the year, and completion is planned for the beginning of 2025.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-start-date-changed-for-Groundbreaking has been pushed back to year's end.green-hills-tower-project/article_57b94a40-1e52-11ed-b369-93408b8b14bf.html

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

GBT has decided to nix their Eden House project.  In the process, they have sold off the .84 acre site to Southern Land Company for $9.85 million.  GBT paid $4 million for the land 3 years ago.  Southern Land built and operates Vertis Green Hills (17 stories, 301 units, ground level retail, underground garage) right next door.

“The timing is just not conducive to start a development with for-sale condos that are not a part of a hotel or mixed-use development, and we are now able to redirect additional resources to our significant activity in other property types in Nashville and across the country,” CEO George Tomlin said in a news release, calling the deal a "win-win."

No word yet on Southern Land's plans for the site.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/02/03/gbt-realty-southern-land-co-green-hills.html

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/green-hills-site-eyed-for-tower-sells-for-9-85m/article_12139ce2-a409-11ed-a589-b7f41ecf8d12.html

• Sad 3