United Community Bank Corporate HQ project.

gman430

• 1 month later...

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/finance/united-community-bank-ceo-lynn-harton-leading-into-its-greenville-based-future/

Nice little article, with info about the relocation.  I just don't understand how the DRB approved such an ugly building, this is pure hideousness; what a waste of a great opportunity for something nice, and right by the Bohemian too.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

I think the third level was just poured? 

Second floor looking at it from the north (East Camperdown Way) side and third floor looking at it from the west (Cleveland Street) side. The first and second floors on the west side are a combined one floor on the north side. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Second floor looking at it from the north (East Camperdown Way) side and third floor looking at it from the west (Cleveland Street) side. The first and second floors on the west side are a combined one floor on the north side. 

:thumbsup:  They're really moving quickly on this thing now. 

• 2 months later...

UCB just keeps growing and growing and growing: 

https://huntsvillebusinessjournal.com/lead/2023/01/09/united-community-banks-completes-merger-with-huntsvilles-progress-financial/

With that merger posted in the above article now complete, UCB has 207 offices and  $25.4 billion in assets. They have offices in South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. 

Edited by gman430

53 minutes ago, gman430 said:

UCB just keeps growing and growing and growing: 

https://huntsvillebusinessjournal.com/lead/2023/01/09/united-community-banks-completes-merger-with-huntsvilles-progress-financial/

With that merger posted in the above article now complete, UCB has 207 offices and  $25.4 billion in assets. They have offices in South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. 

Once they complete their HQ building they will be bought by a bigger bank and the HQ will be elsewhere.  That is the curse of Greenville. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Once they complete their HQ building they will be bought by a bigger bank and the HQ will be elsewhere.  That is the curse of Greenville. 

“The curse of Greenville.” I’ve never heard that said of our great city. 

2 hours ago, gman said:

“The curse of Greenville.” I’ve never heard that said of our great city. 

That's because I just made it up, but whenever a bank builds a big HQ footprint in Greenville, that is what happens. Carolina First, Certus. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

At least we get new buildings out of it. 

11 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

That's because I just made it up, but whenever a bank builds a big HQ footprint in Greenville, that is what happens. Carolina First, Certus. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

Carolina first got karma for not building a state tallest downtown :D

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Yeah…a whole whopping seven stories. :yawn:  Soo exciting. How does a bank this large only have a building that size? Absolutely baffling. 

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...

And UCB just keeps growing and growing and growing. UCB to buy First Miami for almost $116 million: 

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/united-community-banks-to-acquire-first-miami-bancorp-66658f86

210 offices and $26.4 billion in assets for UCB once this merger is complete. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, gman430 said:

Crane coming down today which means no more tower cranes downtown for a while. Sad.

That’s ok…they were cluttering up the skyline & hiding attractive buildings.

Wait a minute…they were responsible for the attractive buildings (exception The McClaren).  Hope new cranes appear again soon

Edited by cabelagent

3 hours ago, cabelagent said:

That’s ok…they were cluttering up the skyline & hiding attractive buildings.

Wait a minute…they were responsible for the attractive buildings (exception The McClaren).  Hope new cranes appear again soon

You’re right. Tower cranes are evil. Wish the city would pass an ordinance banning them. 

Edited by gman430

7 hours ago, gman430 said:

You’re right. Tower cranes are evil. Wish the city would pass an ordinance banning them. 

Nooooooooooo……….

17 hours ago, gman430 said:

Crane coming down today which means no more tower cranes downtown for a while. Sad.

Very sad day. How long has been since Greenville had no tower cranes? Years for sure, oh well I am sure the Gateway site will be getting underway soon. :rofl:

• 1 month later...