United Community Bank Corporate HQ project.

gman430

Is the Wyche site an improvement over the corner of Church & E. North?

Obviously, whatever UCB wants is what matters in this case; but the lot behind their current building is over 250' deep, and a little over 150' wide (from Church St.). Lotta room there. You could wedge in a Bowater-style garage with a building with a decent footprint, and own North & Coffee St. Corners.

On 1/27/2021 at 4:07 PM, gman430 said:

According to Loopnet, the entire third and fourth floors of the soon to be former Elliott Davis building just got leased. They were available a few days ago but now they’re not anymore: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/200-E-Broad-St-Greenville-SC/13765450/ Coincidence? Over 40,000 square feet. 

Here is the pdf file showing when they were available: https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/kStGbxh-14x3pWrpItS5uMiMS0F_BE0ALI2esBIGd-U/200 E Broad Brochure.pdf

Winner winner, chicken dinner. Wyche moving to 200 East Broad by the end of the year:

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMic2h0dHBzOi8vdXBzdGF0ZWJ1c2luZXNzam91cm5hbC5jb20vc3F1YXJlLWZlZXQvd3ljaGUtbGF3LWZpcm0td2lsbC1tb3ZlLWludG8tbmV3LW9mZmljZXMtaW4tZG93bnRvd24tZ3JlZW52aWxsZS1zYy_SAQA?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, johnpro318 said:

Excellent! That’s a healthy chunk of office space to have off the market. Glad they’re absorbing existing space! 

16 minutes ago, johnpro318 said:

Very nice. I figured it had to be them due to the timing. I gladly accept check or PayPal. :D Now let’s get that 20 story UCB high rise announced. :fun:

Edited by gman430
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gman said:

I love tall buildings, but the setting of this site does not warrant a 20 story building. I can see a taller building on the old post office site, but please, not here. I hope it’s not more than 5 or 6 stories tall. 

Agreed, I think I mentioned this before. This site is way too high of an elevation to build a tall building on.

Here's google maps going down Church St.. imagine anything taller than 4-5 stories on that property: https://goo.gl/maps/TawCnXJorf6JsjBQ9 

It would stick out like a sore thumb.  Great potential for a very nicely designed low/mid rise building though.

31 minutes ago, gman said:

I love tall buildings, but the setting of this site does not warrant a 20 story building. I can see a taller building on the old post office site, but please, not here. I hope it’s not more than 5 or 6 stories tall. 

I disagree. If County Square gets built as planned and with Camperdown right there, a 20 story building here would fill in nicely on this site very much like BofA in Charlotte, Devon in Oklahoma City, or First National Bank in Omaha but on a smaller scale. The last thing downtown needs is more suburban looking midrises that does nothing for density. A 5-6 building would be a disappointment and flat out boring. Greenville is not a small metro anymore. Time to start acting like it. Go big or go home I say.

Edited by gman430

28 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I disagree. If County Square gets built as planned and with Camperdown right there, a 20 story building here would fill in nicely on this site very much like BofA in Charlotte, Devon in Oklahoma City, or First National Bank in Omaha but on a smaller scale. The last thing downtown needs is more suburban looking midrises that does nothing for density. A 5-6 building would be a disappointment and flat out boring. Greenville is not a small metro anymore. Time to start acting like it. Go big or go home I say.

Lol

40 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I like it but we've got to be realistic.  We'll see a 20 story building in Greenville about the same time we'll get a 20 inch snow. :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I like it but we've got to be realistic.  We'll see a 20 story building in Greenville about the same time we'll get a 20 inch snow. :rolleyes:

You’re probably right. They will just end up renovating  the current building on site and that will be the end of it. :( No new building sadly. It will be like the Peacock and Pinnacle all over again.

Edited by gman430
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, gman430 said:

You’re probably right. They will just end up renovating  the current building on site and that will be the end of it. :( No new building sadly. It will be like the Peacock and Pinnacle all over again.

I cringe & feel uneasy when those two names are thrown out as examples of failure.  :shok:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cabelagent said:

I cringe & feel uneasy when those two names are thrown out as examples of failure.  :shok:

Just another reason why this site needs at least a 20 story building so we can forget about all of the other failures downtown and live happily ever after. :D 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, gman said:

I don't think you have anything to worry about in Midrise -ville. :tw_grin:

• Haha 1