Wedgewood Village (Merritt Mansion Development, 6.3 acres, eight 4-6 story buildings, 800,000 sq. ft. mixed-use)

markhollin

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Good overview at NashvilleNowNext of the Merritt Mansion development plans that have been submitted to Metro Planning:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2022/04/07/the-plan-for-853000sf-of-new-mixed-use-development-in-wedgewood-houston/

Some new diagrams:

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 1.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 2.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 3.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 4.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 5.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 6.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 7.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 8.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 9.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 10.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 11.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 12.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 13.png

Merritt Mansion, April 7, 2022, diagram 14.png

Those arched windows look amazing. This project is gonna add so much to area architecturally and in terms of retail and activity! Really excited for this one. 

• Like 3

I like the reduction from 8 to 6 buildings, that feels right.  I would like to see Buildings A, D, and E maybe have some softer (I don't know if this is the right word) corners, like small plazas, just so they are not all hard building corners.  I think this would be especially nice with Building A at the corner of Martin and Houston, it would make pedestrian flow feel nice.  

2012364545_MerrittMansionApril72022diagram3.png.491ff6cc7b9ef47ad8250bc36fe707cd.png

In a perfect world I would've preferred for buildings D-F to have all car access from the back alleys and remove the private drive from the Great Lawn area. Would've given it a great collegiate plaza sort of feel. Still a great looking project though, and I'm so glad the house is not only staying up but being highlighted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 1:22 PM, colemangaines said:

In a perfect world I would've preferred for buildings D-F to have all car access from the back alleys and remove the private drive from the Great Lawn area. Would've given it a great collegiate plaza sort of feel. Still a great looking project though, and I'm so glad the house is not only staying up but being highlighted.

It seems like the car traffic would be relatively light around the Great Lawn. The drive is probably there more for emergency vehicle access than anything else. Have to be able to get those types of vehicles up to the buildings. If this was a larger, single-entity campus the road around the great lawn could've probably been pedestrian only except for in emergency situations. My guess is each building with have multiple tenants going in each one (with the possible exception of Buildings B and C), so each building would kinda need their own entrance.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Memoir Wedgewood Houston (6 stories, soon to break ground) is now open  for leasing. 

It offers studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments. The buildings amenities include a pickle ball court, putting green, sauna and cold plunge, as well as a pool deck with cabana seating. Memoir will also feature a full-service coffee and cocktail bar and a dog park. Unfurnished apartments start at $1,800, and flexible leasing options will also be offered with fully furnished apartments for shorter-term stays.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/02/16/deal-dash-union-station-hotel-event-space.html

• markhollin changed the title to Memoir Wedgewood Houston (Merritt Mansion Development, 6.3 acres, eight 4-6 story buildings, 800,000 sq. ft. mixed-use)
  • markhollin changed the title to Wedgewood Village (Merritt Mansion Development, 6.3 acres, eight 4-6 story buildings, 800,000 sq. ft. mixed-use)

i'm curious if they will make any of these residential buildings condominiums?   Has there been any information out regarding that?   Everything i read says apartments, but with the glut of apts coming into the area, i wonder if condos would make more sense? 

• 3 weeks later...