2nd & Peabody, 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2nd & Peabody will be a two tower complex (one at 38 stories/618 ft. with a hotel and office space; the other at 33 stories/456 ft. featuring additional hotel and residential) on the 2.2 acre full

Implementing input from community groups and Metro Planning Dept., Congress Group has made some changes to the 2nd & Peabody development: - One building will now be 36 story residential at 43

MDHA Design Review Committee unanimously approved the conceptual design for 2nd & Peabody this morning.  The Congress Group will now go before the Metro Planning Commission on Thursday, Aug.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Looks like it. Gresham designed that one too, so it makes sense that they would add it in. 

Looks taller than even 505 and ATT.  So with their inside knowledge, I wonder if that one will be even taller than previous renderings have shown. 

6 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

The height is 618’ when you subtract the highest elevation on the office tower from the ground elevation. Elsewhere in the document it shows 612’. 

Thanks! I can’t read the elevations on my phone. I hope it’s 618’. Would be a shame to stop short of a new tallest. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

This is now the proposal for the new tallest, other than Paramount,  but I know of another one too. I cant say a word other than that. When I say another one I mean taller than this.

Oh when do we hear about this one?

• markhollin changed the title to 2nd & Peabody, 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By markhollin
      A massive 14.5 acre mixed-use project to be called Skyline East will populate the western edge of McFerrin Park, facing Dickerson Pike (where it parallels I-24) at Joseph Avenue.  It could involved numerous 6 to 15 story structures, 1,400 residential units, and 500,000 sq. ft. of commercial/office space, as well as parking decks.  This will be the largest project of its kind in East Nashville. No renderings as of yet.

Currently there are 212 apartments and townhomes on the site (some of them Section 8 Housing).

The technical addresses include 301 North 2nd St., 651 and 660 Joseph Ave. Riverchase bought the 3 parcels that make up the site in 2017 for $1.2 million.
      “Riverchase Holdings LLC is excited to be part of the planning and revitalization of the Dickerson Pike corridor and East Nashville community," said Scott Morton, an associate at that firm. "The 15-acre site is located at the 'gateway' to Dickerson Pike and is well positioned to set the tone for quality redevelopment on the corridor."
      Morton said the group has participated in ongoing workshops Metro's Planning Department is hosting to create concensus on what future development should look like along Dickerson Pike. Metro's Planning Commission could adopt a final plan this summer at their June 13 meetings
      Morton said the Skyline East proposal "is consistent with the theme and intent of community recommendations."

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/05/03/austin-group-targets-high-rises-for-east-nashville.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

And the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21067259/east-side-site-could-land-largescale-development

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the project site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

• By markhollin
      One of The Gulch's visionaries, Bill Barkley, has a large development in mind for the 9.5 acre Nashville Pottery & Pipe Works property at 515 Foster St. in Cleveland Park. It would entail a 12 story residential tower (490 units),  an 8 story boutique hotel (125 rooms), conversion of the massive 1890s-era former factory into 155,000 sq. ft. of office, retail, restaurant space.

He has formed Foster Street Partners with Emerald Real Estate Partners for the development.  Manuel Zeitlin will be the architect.  No renderings or diagrams yet. 
      The site is bordered on its western edge by train tracks used to accept clay and coal to power two kilns, and to ship finished products that included jugs, jars, pitchers, flower pots and milk pans.
      Today, Ellington Parkway runs along the property's east edge. A pedestrian bridge spanning the parkway is part of the property, and CSX gave its permission last month for Barkley's group to build a vehicular bridge over the train tracks, according to project plans filed with Metro.

Barkley bought the property last August for $6 million.
      Key details remain unsettled, including what Metro will make of the rezoning Barkley is requesting. It will be May, at the earliest, when Metro's Planning Commission might begin formally vetting the proposed project.
      "We're obviously in the very early stages. There's a lot more work to be done with the community," Barkley said. "It's been an isolated piece of land, cut off by the railroad tracks. We felt like it was an opportunity to integrate it into the community … and hopefully it creates some opportunities for people in the neighborhood."

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/03/30/gulch-pioneer-envisions-mixed-use-revival-of-130.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.