Park Place Nashville (2nd & Peabody), 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

markhollin

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful because this is an absolutely fantastic project; however, the original proposal with Nashville's new tallest was just incredible. 

Will Metro Historic Commission and Rutledge Hill residents try and get this canned?

Buildings with window frame cladding just don't look good, period. You can't tell them apart from each other. They brought that Miami crap here.

Edited by Licec

2 hours ago, AF-Nash said:

We may have lost the height, but these buildings look stunning to me. Each building has  that Miami vibe to it. Something you may see in South Beach! We need a change from all the blue boxes we were accustomed to of late, methinks.

You mean like the JW Marriott, Circle South, Pinnacle 1 and 2, Prime, Alcove, 505, SoBro, Bridgestone, etc.

Edited by Licec

Well this thread was a roller coaster of emotions for me as I never knew about this project. I started out mega hyped when reading how tall this was going to be. By page 7-8 I started to get nervous, then noticed the title had cut like 200-300ft off the buildings. Felt sad. Then saw the rendering and got excited again. 

Now I am just anticipating the inevitable disappointment about the final product :tw_grin:

• Like 4

Not sure how to feel.  Incredibly disappointed to lose the original design.  That disappointment leaves me torn about how to feel with the new proposal.  Agree to an extent with both perspectives of A) nice break from the glass boxes and B) not a huge fan of the Miami look.  Yet, in moderation, I think it could ultimately be a plus add to the overall  look of downtown.  Just so crushed by the loss of the original plan.  Psychological warfare in my brain.  You're as happy as can be when someone gives you $100.  Then they tell you it could have been $1,000 and now you're not feeling so great about the $100.  The knowledge of what could have been hampers the enjoyment of what is.

And in this case, even if I can get myself excited about this proposal, who's to say it won't get reduced or denied again.  Rollercoaster indeed, Big Easy.

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

...xcept that they aren't tall enough.

And therein lies the rub.  Can we PLEASE get some height?!?!?!

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

The 32 story will be at the corner of 2nd & Peabody and the 36 will be at the corner of 3rd & Peabody based strictly by floor count.

I thought the render showed the taller one on the north end of the lot by Peabody and the shorter one on the south end next to Lea...

33 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

The South Beach look is because the partner for this project is based in Miami and they are handling the design.

The 32 story will be at the corner of 2nd & Peabody and the 36 will be at the corner of 3rd & Peabody based strictly by floor count.

Smeags, I'm confused by this answer. If one of the residential towers is at 2nd & Peabody, and the other is at 3rd & Peabody, then the three buildings would be aligned in an E-W orientation. The block doesn't look that wide.  

The drawings are difficult to determine the correct orientation in part because there are not other visual cues, other than the media station property bounded by Peabody/1st/Lea/2nd.  Here's my explanation... 

This is the view looking toward the north from the corner of Lea and 3rd. Note the reconfigured "jog" on Lea (right in picture) to align properly with 3rd Ave.  Also, the buildings all abut 3rd Ave. with no green space between them and the street (the green space/water "garden" is all along 2nd Ave.). 

2nd & Peabody, July 28, 2021, render 8.png

This is obviously the view from over the media station property (above the corner of 2nd and Peabody), looking toward the SW.  The towers are aligned along a N-S axis. So there's both towers will actually have a side that touches 3rd Ave.  However, it is difficult to tell which of the towers is the taller in this one.  So go back to the previous picture that shows the view from 3rd Ave. (continued below)

2nd & Peabody, July 28, 2021, render 3.png

So this would be a view toward the E/SE, showing the 3rd Ave. side.  The taller residential tower is at the left (northern end of the block).  You can distinguish the two by the numbers of 3-story* segments above the lobby (12 vs 10).  *The top segments show 2 stories. 

2nd & Peabody, July 28, 2021, render 1.png

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Ok…not the best photoshop job…but just wanted to see what it would be like if the middle building was 600’.

butterfly.jpg

Love your thinking!!!! Why ...oh why can’t we please just get one developer to think the same as us ! Obviously with all the new construction, they believe in Nashville, so just DO IT !!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Love your thinking!!!! Why ...oh why can’t we please just get one developer to think the same as us ! Obviously with all the new construction, they believe in Nashville, so just DO IT !!

Dude the developer's original plan had one of the buildings at over 600. There is also another developer planning to build a residential building over 600 on the roundabout.

Edited by Licec