Park Place Nashville (2nd & Peabody), 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

markhollin

13 minutes ago, henburg said:

What are the chances that something can be done to move that Radio Tower complex next door away from downtown?

That's the Cumulus Radio complex.  They have been in various forms of bankruptcy over the past few years, so I'm sure they would love to sell that valuable slice of land for a pretty penny. My guess is there are PLENTY of suitors hitting them up behind the scenes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suspect an early form of erosion barriers from the late 1800s and into the 1900s. I'm guessing they could just dig them up from the excavation of the building and sharpened them off into large bricks.  Not to mention, they are very attractive. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

Thanks for the current shots.  Gives us out-of-towners a great glimpse into the true transformation.  Serious upgrade for this block if this project happens as proposed..  

Also glad the point of the imagery was raised and addressed (about this project appearing shorter than its listed height).  Was making me nervous. :tw_sweat_smile:

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, downtownresident said:

There is a Community Meeting on Friday, 2/26/21 from 5-7:30 about the proposed Community Plan Amendment that the developers are pursuing for this project. I'm not able to attend, but I did send an email supporting the amendment. Here is a flyer with more information: https://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/Planning/docs/subarea9/2021CP-009-001_Community-Meeting-Notice.pdf

I'd encourage anyone who is able to attend, and if unable to attend, to send in your comments. Historic Nashville seems to be against the amendment based on their tweet/Facebook post about it. 

I've also heard residents of City Lights are organizing opposition to this project. Send in your support if you can.

Edited by DDIG
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Historic Nashville is always bASS-ackward on everything. They've slept while hundreds of truly historically interesting buildings were demolished. The battles they choose don't make sense (like this one... so where's the historic building?) or they simply fumble the message. Anyone know of any recent cause they took up that effectively brought the public around to supporting it? I admit it's been a long time since I last saw a report locally but I remember at one time Historic Nashville appeared to be a somewhat unkempt 50 year old lady and her fax machine. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 3:41 PM, BnaBreaker said:

I wonder how old that stone wall is... if it's at all historic in nature it'd be cool if they could keep a small portion of it just to add some character and a little local flare.

I think these stone walls you see in Nashville and middle Tn were built as part of depression era work projects.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nashvylle said:

Thanks @downtownresident

@smeagolsfree do you or anyone else know what leverage Historic Nashivlle / City Lights residents truly have when it comes to this project? In other words, who votes on the amendment to the downtown code? Council? 

I would think planning and then council. 

• Like 2

Historic has no teeth. Besides those walls are coming down due to water and weeds, cars and trucks hitting them. If historic was so concerned they should have been raising a stink 50 years ago. Most of the people with Historic have lost their way.  The walls are not protected and any development that is built there will take them down. The owners have every right to take them down. 

In the words that I have often seen used before, they are non contributing structures. The argument of the walls will go nowhere. Property ownership rights trumps what historic wants or wishes.

• Like 3