Park Place Nashville (2nd & Peabody), 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

markhollin

9 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

is that a  compliment or do people not like this design?

Not a compliment. I liked the original glass designs (see post #1). This just looks like bad, dated apartment tower architecture of what '70s dystopian movies of the future thought our cities would look like. :sick:

6 hours ago, Auntie Yock said:

Not a compliment. I liked the original glass designs (see post #1). This just looks like bad, dated apartment tower architecture of what '70s dystopian movies of the future thought our cities would look like. :sick:

Agreed, when I first seen the updated design my first thought was wondering if Mike Brady was the lead architect.   This could end up like the Westin, brand new going on fifty years old looking building.

• Like 1

As an architect speaking, this reminds me of the old ESa apartments that were imploded  a few years back over by White Bridge Road.    If I were designing for Nashville, my druthers would be more like 21st century like this rather than a POS design from the 1970s.  The first design proposal was infinitely better.

315521324_2ndPeabodyOct42021render4.thumb.png.ee898f0e92715080c0e03bf34dbd12a1.png

plexus_09.jpg

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

True, it's not perfect but it doesn't look boxy and I also like the lattice design of the building in the middle.  I do tend to agree that the balconies look dated though so it's kind of a mixed bag for me.  On the positive side I think the landscaping and greenery around the buildings as shown on that video look very nice!  

The balconies are awful, and every building with them in Nashville looks cheap instead of sleek.

• Like 1

I've said it before and will say it again.  Give me the original design.  I'm staying positive about the new one, even as I have some reservations.  The original design was IMO sleek, modern, would stand the test of time, would have had a huge and stunning impact on the skyline, and the street level activation & design were meticulously impressive.

• Like 2