Park Place Nashville (2nd & Peabody), 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

markhollin

• 1 month later...

Depends on if there is an appeal to a higher court. I think both sides are probably looking at case histories to determine strategies on what the other side does. If there is an appeal, the other two groups will already be prepared to defend based on previous lawsuits as they have an army of lawyers the other side does not have, and that appeal will be VERY expensive and costly for those three at the City Lights Condos. 

My guess is they will cut their losses. It just depends on how much money they want to spend. I just do not know how many hours of attorney's fees it would take for an appeal. Maybe a lawyer on the board would know, but I would guess the cost would be around $250 an hour????

• Like 3

If those three individuals have that much money to freely spend on this nonsense, then they surely have the funds to move to somewhere that they can find the solitude and open views they feel that they deserve. This is becoming a real PITA , and they need to shut up and move on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I have no idea what they were expecting.

Their version of perfection, in perpetual stasis. That's generally a tuffy in the middle of one of the hottest parts of one of one of the hottest markets in the U.S./world. Nimby-ism dialed up to 11.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Their version of perfection, in perpetual stasis. That's generally a tuffy in the middle of one of the hottest parts of one of one of the hottest markets in the U.S./world. Nimby-ism dialed up to 11.

Exactly.  If they wanted a city that never changes they could've moved to Buffalo or something.  Not a knock on Buffalo mind you, I actually think it's a pretty fantastic and underrated town, but let's face it it hasn't changed in decades.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Exactly.  If they wanted a city that never changes they could've moved to Buffalo or something.  Not a knock on Buffalo mind you, I actually think it's a pretty fantastic and underrated town, but let's face it it hasn't changed in decades.  

I have a friend with a two unit rental house for sale now in Buffalo. They can make the move AND get rental income from one of the units for only $120k. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

This one has been a saga.  This was one of the first big announcements I was a part of after joining the community.  From the first iteration to the initial protests to the second iteration and even more protests.  If/when this one and Centrum start, I'll pop open an imaginary champagne bottle.

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nashville born said:

This one has been a saga.  This was one of the first big announcements I was a part of after joining the community.  From the first iteration to the initial protests to the second iteration and even more protests.  If/when this one and Centrum start, I'll pop open an imaginary champagne bottle.

Imagine several bottles and the rest of us joining you...

Salon 2008 Oenotheque Limited Edition Case | Vipwineservices3 Types Of Champagne Glasses & Their Impact On Drinking Experience –  Advanced Mixology

Edited by PillowTalk4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, nashville born said:

I think I joined shortly after the Siggy announcement . . . my bottles were drained long ago, not in celebration, but out of impatience. 

• Haha 3