Park Place Nashville (2nd & Peabody), 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

markhollin

42 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I reached out to Nora as well as Eric Hammer ([email protected]). Eric is the member of planning who is specifically assigned to Rutledge Hill. He knows the very ins and outs of the neighborhood and his opinion goes a long way when Rutledge Hill is concerned. He is also very open to progress and developments when presented with logical arguments. I have had a couple meetings/interactions with him and am always impressed with his depth of knowledge.

Thanks! I forwarded my email to Nora to Eric Hammer as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DDIG said:

I don't think this project location is in the technical historic Rutledge Hill area. Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

It’s not, it’s in the Lafayette sub district. 

But it does fall into the Rutledge Hill Redevelopment District for MDHA. The Lafayette sub district is for the Downtown Code which does no jive with MDHA's zones.

image.png.76e9a7cfafc8976d5c1ad17839672efd.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, downtownresident said:

If we're going by that map, MDHA already green lit a 40 story building in Rolling Mill Hill, sooo...

Very true. Just pointing out that in the grand scheme of things, Historic Nashville is not entirely wrong. Possibly senile with a bit of other altered mental status, yes. But not completely wrong haha

It's important to note that while all these neighborhoods pop up and are referred to at certain demarcations, Metro will look to the Downtown Code & MDHA for these matters. Why architects and planners make the big bucks (HA, I wish!)

51 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Very true. Just pointing out that in the grand scheme of things, Historic Nashville is not entirely wrong. Possibly senile with a bit of other altered mental status, yes. But not completely wrong haha

It's important to note that while all these neighborhoods pop up and are referred to at certain demarcations, Metro will look to the Downtown Code & MDHA for these matters. Why architects and planners make the big bucks (HA, I wish!)

At the end of the day if you are looking for density in a booming urban core, and you don't want it somewhere like there where you don't lose anything in the process... well where are you going to put it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I stand by my comments about Rick Bernhardt as he was a mistake for planning in Nashville in so many ways. I am sure he is a nice enough guy but his ideas for the city were outdated and did not meet the needs of a growing city. Much before the time you moved here Craig. I know he was well respected, but never on this board. 

The majority of folks here including (Bos2Nash) know things could have been , should have been, and still should be run better by Metro. This includes Codes to Planning, and I realize they have to work within the guidelines set forward by the council, but many of the codes are outdated  because of the current growth that has happened over the past 10 years.

Again the folks in Planning are just working within the rules set by Metro council. The zoning in the city is well outdated in the core for what it has become and you and many others on here including a number of professionals in the field would probably agree. Yes, we can criticize Metro and the poor leadership and  shortsightedness  shown by the leaders of this city and we have been since 2005 when the board was formed. It is a broken record and some of the things we have said, Metro has slowly done, but they kick the can down the road on so many items that it will cost the city triple what it would have if they had done some of these things 20 or 30 years ago.

This is a place to initiate change and to make a difference and maybe the louder  we can complain the more people will notice. The height limitations are the one thing I think we can all agree are so stupid in the SoBro area. The more you give in this area the less sprawl in the long run you will have. A densely packed core with people help reduce sprawl and is much better for the environment. More transportation in the core is needed along with a good master plan which there is none, again because of poor leadership. The current mayors plan to be frank, sucks.

• Like 4

They are absolutely the last group that has arrived. The folks on RMH were here before them and the folks that sold all of the condos on KVB for STR’s were there and gone before they ever arrived. These folks are transplants from the burbs or other cities. If you do not want to live in a mid-rise basically downtown, then I would suggest you move. 

The real estate is going to go up not down in value. This will help that and they do not understand that. All I can say is they are clueless. Anyone that expects things not to change has their head buried in the sand. Things change as quickly as the mayors change folks.

I heard the same thing from the crazy lady in the 1212 saying her view was getting blocked by all the new buildings. WTH are these folks thinking? Must have peas for brains.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...