Park Place Nashville (2nd & Peabody), 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

markhollin

Thanks for the clip.  Watched it and was more focused on what the historical Nashville person DIDN'T say than what she said.  If there was actual history to be preserved, I might have expected to hear factual evidence: a specific building, a tree, something.  To hear her instead simply assert that history in that area goes back to 1800 leaves me skeptical at best.  In my opinion, sounds like someone with a baseless claim.  Just my opinion/perception.  If there's something to preserve, name it.  Broad, generalizations don't cut it.  Viva la Second & Peabody!!!

26 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Thanks for the clip.  Watched it and was more focused on what the historical Nashville person DIDN'T say than what she said.  If there was actual history to be preserved, I might have expected to hear factual evidence: a specific building, a tree, something.  To hear her instead simply assert that history in that area goes back to 1800 leaves me skeptical at best.  In my opinion, sounds like someone with a baseless claim.  Just my opinion/perception.  If there's something to preserve, name it.  Broad, generalizations don't cut it.  Viva la Second & Peabody!!!

What a shortsighted approach by Historic. Guess what - we're a growing city and that can't be stopped. You kill density at a downtown spot where you don't lose anything, eventually that density is going to be spread out to somewhere you actually do lose something of historic value.

Edited by DDIG
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, DDIG said:

What a shortsighted approach by Historic. Guess what - we're a growing city and that can't be stopped. You kill density at a downtown spot where you don't lose anything, eventually that density is going to be spread out to somewhere you actually do lose something of historic value.

Exactly where else will developers build high rises  if not Downtown 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, chris holman said:

Exactly where else will developers build high rises  if not Downtown 

In the Nashville suburbs of Atlanta, Austin and Charlotte.... 

The real irony is, some of the people opposing this project simply want to see high rises at a distance out of their windows.  I would tell them...  you'll still see  high rises... just look up.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Metro Planning released the staff report for the proposed community plan amendment, and is recommending disapproval of the amendment. 

https://www.nashville.gov/document/ID/f7cee49d-d31c-442c-8ef4-b2c65ec50368/March-25-2021-Staff-Report

Starts on page 99. 

WTF?!  The same old fear of height nuts are determined to see this cut down to 15 stories... so frustrating. 

Can’t for a second understand what is going on with metro!! I’m starting to wonder , if the same old farmers that run Wilson County are working in Nashville also. Why oh why are they so afraid of height! Now if this site is not going to be available for them to build this awesome development, is there any hope that they will just pick a lot somewhere in downtown to build?

• Like 1