Park Place Nashville (2nd & Peabody), 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

markhollin

11 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Planning needs to get comfortable with height in what is clearly the downtown core. It is absolutely crazy not to with the city's growth trajectory right now. We'll absolutely screw ourselves artificially capping buildings for an antiquated code that did not account for this level of growth.

Do we need to contact council members on this one? Would love to see 2nd and Peabody come to fruition, anything we can do to help support this project?

3 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

Do we need to contact council members on this one? Would love to see 2nd and Peabody come to fruition, anything we can do to help support this project?

Bigger picture the downtown code needs to be updated. Freddie has referenced that many times. I haven't seen any real movement on the idea though and I assume that is a long timeframe project. 

For this project idk but for now it seems it is all about planning. If and when it comes back, the more support routed to them the merrier.

• Like 4

The folks at City Lights do not realize a host of Six story buildings can be built all around them with no zoning change and if they are office buildings that can be almost a 100' building without any bonus height. The other thing they do not realize is Howell Place that were turned into short term rental is zoned for 30 stories I think, so there goes that view even if nothing is done with 2nd & Peabody. Trust me that STR is not going to stay an STR for ever.:whistling:

With that being said the condo right across the street from them if they are condos as they may be apartments can be sold as well, further blocking the view. They really think they have a neighborhood there????? I wonder if they consider the homeless sleeping on the streets there neighbors too. In the Mr Rogers voice. Do you want to be my neighbor?

• Like 4

If they want it built they either have to comply with the historic guidelines or build it somewhere else. A couple of options are bidding for the Rolling Mill Hill parking lot when it becomes available or see if they can purchase land from the owners of the stalled Liff Development.

Edited by Licec
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Licec said:

If they want it built they either have to comply with the historic guidelines or build it somewhere else. A couple of options are bidding for the Rolling Mill Hill parking lot when it becomes available or see if they can purchase land from the owners of the stalled Liff Development.

I think it was determined it isn't actually in the historic district? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DDIG said:

I think it was determined it isn't actually in the historic district? 

I'm not sure if Peabody or Lea is the “deciding” line.  It really should be Lea, just based on what’s left of “historic” Rutledge Hill…but I can understand them wanting to have a little buffer.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

The folks at City Lights do not realize a host of Six story buildings can be built all around them with no zoning change

Yep. There are 7 units at City Lights currently for resale. That's a lot of units, given the fact that it's a relatively small development and the units were sold new just a couple of years ago. I think owners are figuring out their views are far from guaranteed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Perhaps it's a moot point now.  Yet I'm going to beat this dead horse just one more time.  I was just on Google Maps looking for the location of City Lights.  I'm not really understanding how their view of downtown would be obstructed by this development.

It’s their views to the west. This will also impact evening sun on the west side of the building. The Congress Group is still pursuing a project here, so we may still see something significant.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With this project at a stand still for now, and with the NBJ interviewing the congress group ceo Dean Stratouly mentioning possibly 2 other projects in town in the near future that have not been announced. Does anyone have any idea what they might aim for or a maybe a “realistic” wishlist of what they might entail? Just curious. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 2nd & Peabody, 36 story (420'?) and 32 story (370'?) residential towers; 18 story (200'?) hotel

First of all…a tad sad to lose the height but ECSTATIC to see these awesome renders.  LOVE these buildings!

Secondly…City Lights is angry because they wanted to build taller and were made to build shorter…so they’re going to throw a fit, believing they got short-changed (no pun, intended).  They kinda have a point…because the height they wanted to build would not have made a difference to that community.  In other words, so many decisions are being made that really make little sense when it comes to height.

Thirdly…I can’t wait until the radio station sells their “parkland” and a developer announces more tall buildings…and City Lights actually falls through the Earth and is totally swallowed up by anger. :rofl:

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3