Nashville YouTube Channel & Twitter Page

smeagolsfree

Good Morning Vietnam!

I just want to run an idea by everyone to see if there is interest in producing an ongoing series of YouTube videos for the Nashville UP board.

I am also running this by Neo to see if this can be done through a UrbanPlanet YouTube Channel, so that other boards could contribute videos form their cities as well. I am still waiting on Neo to get back with me.

If there are any copyright lawyers here, I need to know how much we can use renderings on these videos. The point is not to make money in any way shape or form.

Possible topics: Just to name a few!

Proposed & Construction 2021, 2022, etc.

Past  and Future skyline renderings

Current Under Construction

Proposed Mixed Use Projects

BNA Expansion

Needed:

Volunteers for construction photos, drone footage, mock ups (Pete), video production & editing.

If anyone has a subscription to a music service offered by YouTube.

I just want to get feed back from you folks. I have never done a YouTube video and I do not know what is involved and I do not have the software to do high resolution 4K video which is what I would like to see.

Thoughts, comments, criticisms, or am I crazy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great find Pete! That is in the vain that I would like to do. I had no idea that video existed. I love he used Two Steps From Hell.

The other thing is that UP has a Twitter page and a Facebook page. I think that if you subscribe you can contribute, so if anyone wants to take on Twitter for our board and Facebook post.

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Great find Pete! That is in the vain that I would like to do. I had no idea that video existed. I love he used Two Steps From Hell.

The other thing is that UP has a Twitter page and a Facebook page. I think that if you subscribe you can contribute, so if anyone wants to take on Twitter for our board and Facebook post.

Ron, that's actually one I made and uploaded to YouTube. I used a free movie maker program. The music came from 'Free Music Archive' where I've downloaded stuff before for pre-show , etc. music for theatrical productions. No royalties are required.

Edited by PHofKS
  • Like 2

Pete, you need to stop holding out on us. You do this work and never share it. 

Its a great video!!!!!

That is one to post on the Instagram and Facebook page, if you are on those platforms. I just follow and never post on Twitter, and I just downright refuse to go the the toilet that is Facebook, but I realize it is a great tool. I just do not want to ruin friendships with people over stupid stuff, so that is why I don't get on there.

I would be a crazy person if I were on there too, crazier than I am now.

• Like 1

This is now a way to get more subscribers to your channel. I just subscribed Pete. Looks like you are our guy right now, so I was thinking you could do a series with the help of the members here sharing photos, on any number of Nashville projects. Individual projects, neighborhoods, a 2021 update. But this is only if you want to or have the energy.

I know stuff like this can be time consuming, but maybe you can have an apprentice.

• Like 1

The link is at the top of the page.  (2) UrbanPlanet.org (@urbanplanet) / Twitter

UP Nashville is   https://twitter.com/NashUrbanPlanet

I need help on how tweets and such work as it seems to only show up on my feed. Should it show up where I posted it? I have just followed Twitter and never really posted intentionally.

• smeagolsfree changed the title to Nashville YouTube Channel & Twitter Page

I moved this up to the pinned thread as I think we may be needing more access to it. Since I pinned this one I unpinned the Forum Rules thread as everyone is doing a great job at following the guidelines.

I can always bring it back if the need arises, but I hope I dont have to.

I have done numerous tweets today on the now up and running Nashville Urban Planet Twitter page. I think I can keep it up for a while as it is not really  that difficult to do now that I have the hang of it.

Pete may be up for doing some more videos for the board or his channel. I think Bob has set up an email for the board so we should be able to  post videos to YouTube as a collective group.

https://twitter.com/NashUrbanPlanet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I am just a little busy guys and wanted to know if there is someone that can help out or take over the Twitter feed. I can struggle with it, but summer is coming and with what I do with the Post and the map when I can I am running low on time. 

The fact that I can get out more is going to eat into my time. I need some "me" time if that makes sense.  I am starting to walk more and will be venturing out to eat out more and take a few little trip here and there.

• Like 1