Orlando Sentinel Property Redevelopment (PLANNED)

jliv

23 minutes ago, WAJAS said:

I appreciate them braking up the plot. Looks good to me so far. I don't expect high density this far north.

I'd love to see something that approaches the height of the Wells Fargo tower.   It looks weird as the only big building in the area.

Edited by elefants
  • Like 2

The irony is that in the late ‘80’s - early ‘90’s, as the Radisson, Olympia Place and Gateway Center were being built, no one imagined that basically everything north of Amelia was destined to be an adventure in squatty apartment buildings. 

Olympia Place 2, a tower that fell victim to the crash of the Campeau development empire, along with Bill duPont’s crash and burn as collateral damage in Poppy Bush’s S&L meltdown, cast a chill over the zone that we’ve never recovered from. 

There were tools that could  have been used to work around it but the city had other priorities. It is what it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something along the size and scale of the Heumarkt in Cologne Germany would be ideal for this area --

- lined with 7-8 story buildings (some perhaps higher) with cafes and retail at ground level

- overflowing into a plaza that can be used for both passive or active uses

Example:  https://goo.gl/maps/WQWXgxn4vEjDEE1fA

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Something along the size and scale of the Heumarkt in Cologne Germany would be ideal for this area --

- lined with 7-8 story buildings (some perhaps higher) with cafes and retail at ground level

Steve Berry, best-selling author of Dan Brown-esque thrillers, has a new book out this week, “The Kaiser’s Web”, where the action spends a bit of time in Cologne.

This is of note to us because Steve has just moved to... Orlando!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Steve Berry, best-selling author of Dan Brown-esque thrillers, has a new book out this week, “The Kaiser’s Web”, where the action spends a bit of time in Cologne.

This is of note to us because Steve has just moved to... Orlando!

Great city (with a lot of lessons in developing modern pedestrian scaled spaces). Could wander endlessly there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

I definitely do not want to see a park of green here as I think it would be a poor use of the property, but the Heumarkt type development would be very nice.

12 hours ago, ChiDev said:

I would give up pie in the sky hopes for a Museum lol.  Would be lucky to get a park and a grocery store.   Everyone on here hopes for skyscrapers and anvil shaped buildings, I would settle for efficient combined use of parking to create open space.

Reminds me of a proposal we did for a campus in Old Town Chicago.  The towers share both above ground and subterranean parking decks to create some nice open space.

image.png.ae4b5c69416209e1f87cf7f2e136419c.pngimage.thumb.png.ce817a7f0020f24c1a80e33c7fb4afd3.pngimage.png.876f74a39db009331e4867045c175ce6.png

I'd be 100% okay with this.

On 3/1/2021 at 11:01 AM, ChiDev said:

I would give up pie in the sky hopes for a Museum lol.  Would be lucky to get a park and a grocery store.   Everyone on here hopes for skyscrapers and anvil shaped buildings, I would settle for efficient combined use of parking to create open space.

Reminds me of a proposal we did for a campus in Old Town Chicago.  The towers share both above ground and subterranean parking decks to create some nice open space.

image.png.ae4b5c69416209e1f87cf7f2e136419c.pngimage.thumb.png.ce817a7f0020f24c1a80e33c7fb4afd3.pngimage.png.876f74a39db009331e4867045c175ce6.png

manifesting something like this omg :bebe: