Southern Metro Areas

cosmoboy

Which Southern Metro Area Would You Prefer To Live In?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Which Southern Metro Area Would You Prefer To Live In?

• 1. Atlanta
    • 2. Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill
    • 3. Winston-Salem-Greensboro-High Point
    • 4. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill
    • 5. Miami-Fort Lauderdale
    • 6. West Palm Beach-Boca Raton
    • 7. Jacksonville
    • 8. Orlando
    • 9. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater
    • 10. Savannah
    • 11. Charleston
    • 12. Greenville-Spartanburg
    • 13. Birmingham
    • 14. Nashville
    • 15. Memphis
    • 16. Knoxville
    • 17. New Orleans
    • 18. Chattanooga
    • 19. Richmond
    • 20. Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Portsmouth

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nashville all the way! Of course, other than Hartfield, CT, it's the only place I've lived, but hey, I love it. Very cool city. After that, probably Tampa, don't know why, I just like that city. And then Chattanooga, probably one of the best up and coming cities ever. It already has a lot to offer, and has all the amenities of many larger cities.

i pick nashville. for one thing, it's where i've grown up :P but it does have a lot to do and it's a days drive away to a ton of awesome places (a ton of major cities and outdoor activities that you wouldn't believe). plus, the people are nice and has four different seasons (besides hot, hot, hot, and cool ;) )

^I agree. That's what I love about Nashville. There are many activities, and tons and tons of daytrips, including ones to cities like Memphis, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Gatlinburg, Huntsville, Birmingham, even Atlanta and Bowling Green. There is even a certain forumer here I know that enjoys daytrips to Chicago and New Orleans! There aren't many cities that offer that. I love Nashville.

I've read a lot of really great things about Charlotte on here. But anyone I've ever met from Charlotte has said that there isn't much to do, and it's rather boring.

I've never been, so I wouldn't know... So until I make some time to check it out.. I have a mixed opinion. What do you guys think?

I live in Nashville, but do a lot of biz in Jacksonville.. and voted for Jax.

I've read a lot of really great things about Charlotte on here. But anyone I've ever met from Charlotte has said that there isn't much to do, and it's rather boring.

I've never been, so I wouldn't know... So until I make some time to check it out.. I have a mixed opinion. What do you guys think?

I live in Nashville, but do a lot of biz in Jacksonville.. and voted for Jax.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm surprised that someone living in Charlotte would say that their isn't much to do. From a vistor's perspective, though, that is very true. Nothing here jumps out as say "visit me, I'm cool"......but there are lots of nice parks, great restaurants, bars, and big time entertainment (pro-sports, amusement parks, etc) to keep me more than satisfied.....but maybe I'm just easy to please.

I live in and love Charlotte, but if I could through life work free and have hefty bank account, I'd live in Charleston.  I love getting down there whenever I can.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree Cooperdawg. I told Charleston Native the same thing. Throw out the high rises and I am still there. Love the place. I am very glad we have I-77 and I-26 to connect us so quickly. :D

Archived