2021 INFRA Grants (the grants formerly known as TIGER (and BUILD))

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

USDOT put out a call for this year's small discretionary grants to cities and states (this year known as INFRA: Infrastructure for Rebuilding America). The total program budget is still small ($889) m

I hope that folks with CATS & CDOT know about this.  I wonder if this could also be used to help fund not only the Greenways but also the Rail Trail Bridge over I-277 and the Publix Station Constr

If the city is going to continue building bike lanes separated by plastic bollards on busy roads they need to figure out a way to keep cars from running them over and leaving the lanes totally in disr

I hope that folks with CATS & CDOT know about this.  I wonder if this could also be used to help fund not only the Greenways but also the Rail Trail Bridge over I-277 and the Publix Station Construction on the Blue Line or better yet - expanding the existing Blue-Line Stations to fit Three (3) Car Trains.

• Like 4

Greenways as transit routes would be great. Would the new Park and Ride stations up 77 express route be eligible? I wonder if some quick hit projects like that up North could lead to more support from the north towns for the overall transit plan. 

And is the cross Charlotte trail bridge over Independence dead? I know they applied for the TIGER grant in the past with that cool design.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, jjwilli said:

And is the cross Charlotte trail bridge over Independence dead? I know they applied for the TIGER grant in the past with that cool design.

The separated greenway bridge is dead. They are connecting it along 10th street and it will cross Independence on the Central Ave. bridge. Should be done later this year!

https://charlottenc.gov/Projects/Pages/XCLT7thto10th.asp

Edited by JHart
  • Thanks 2

If the city is going to continue building bike lanes separated by plastic bollards on busy roads they need to figure out a way to keep cars from running them over and leaving the lanes totally in disrepair. The plaza bike lane is constantly covered in filth and the E 12th street bike lane is almost always unusable. They need a more permanent solution. 

• Like 4
  • 4 months later...

Press release says prioritized funding to rural areas and improving local economies to create jobs. Looking through the list of winners, almost all of the dollars are going to coastal and inland port improvements, interstates, and critical bridges at the end of their useful life. There were two projects that are corridor "improvements." Nothing like a greenway won money. Very little to bikes either. Mainly big commerce.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Thanks 1

Until they get that massive infrastructure bill passed, I think they'll continue prioritizing the big stuff. Things that'll improve economic conditions and make/save money.

• Like 1