Homewood Suites by Hilton (On Hold)

OffToMars

• 6 months later...

7 minutes ago, baobabs727 said:

BUT WAIT!!! Is this WILLIS FURNITURE?? (FORMERLY WILLIS WAYSIDE  AT THALIA WAYSIDE VILLAGE? ) This is a venerable mainstay of fine furniture in HR dating to 1890,  and relocated here around 1950!

I can confirm that Willis is currently looking for other possible locations. No idea on time frame, but aspects of this project are currently going out to bid.

53 minutes ago, OffToMars said:

I think that area is being cleared for the new Homewood Suites, but I could be wrong.

HomewoodSuites.thumb.PNG.f6dd17de12c6073ce40376b3e1c26568.PNG

https://www.harmonyhospitality.com/developments

Wow, that's gonna make a statement on that street corner. The density on Laskin is getting quite substantial. Almost becoming a separate little urban enclave all on it's own.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OffToMars said:

I think that area is being cleared for the new Homewood Suites, but I could be wrong.

Well this one quietly snuck up. Supposed to open in 2023 so with a two-year construction time frame I guess construction would have to start now. Going to make construction threat for this in a minute once I can pull together all the different posts on this project. Weird how this one slipped by.

Part of the problem is that between Hyatt, Hilton, Home2Suites, and Homewood, I'm having trouble keeping track of all the hotels being built that have names starting with H. :lol:

1 hour ago, OffToMars said:

Very cool. I've been saying BOA needed to vacate that prime property for years and years. So it looks like 7 stories along Pacific until you get to the end of the 10 story tower, 2 stories plus a rooftop with build-out (3rd story) along Laskin and along Atlantic, and then 10 stories at Atlantic and 33rd and 10 along 33rd! That 10 story portion is going to feel  like 11-12 with that roof cap.

11 minutes ago, vdogg said:

Money talks. I'm certain venture realty offered top dollar for this location seeing as it's so close to Town Center.

Agreed. And everyone knows that the mid-high end furniture game has been an increasingly hard sell/slog for 10-20 years now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BFG said:

I guess this explains the old Exxon at Atlantic and Laskin being closed off?

Absolutely. I knew the exxon was going to be part of this development, but I didn't know it stretched all the way to pacific, so I was surprised about Bank of America.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Asdfjkl; said:

I could be wrong but I recall the Homewood site being adjacent to the gas station and BOA sites. Looks like the buildings are in the rendering off to the side. 

4c21a7_a7e9c27c88654b2688130104a3c8e7fa~

I remember specifically that exxon was being demolished for the hotel. There was even an article about buried somewhere on this site. I’ll have to see if i can find it.

The restaurant extends on to the Exxon property. The parking garage sits where BoA currently is. It looks like they may be planning on simply renovating BoA so that they can add parking on the second floor and just leave the bottom floor as normal parking. That should accommodate 147 spaces.

"Located between 31st and 33rd Streets on Atlantic Avenue directly across from Neptune’s Park. In addition to the all-suite hotel, included is a 147-vehicle parking garage, an independent restaurant/bar that expands onto a third-floor rooftop, weather permitting, and 7,904 square feet of retail space on Atlantic Avenue."

Screenshot_20210826-083041_Gallery.jpg

• vdogg changed the title to Homewood Suites by Hilton (Under Construction)
  • 6 months later...

Is this still moving forward? I was at the Oceanfront this past weekend and there’s no activity on the Homewood Suites parcel at all. Just a surface lot still. No construction equipment from what I could see.

Also, as I stated in other threads, this is on the parcel adjacent to the gas station and bank, to the north. The gas station and bank parcels are potentially going to be redeveloped into two towers; hotel and residential.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lluck002 said:

Is this still moving forward? I was at the Oceanfront this past weekend and there’s no activity on the Homewood Suites parcel at all. Just a surface lot still. No construction equipment from what I could see.

Also, as I stated in other threads, this is on the parcel adjacent to the gas station and bank, to the north. The gas station and bank parcels are potentially going to be redeveloped into two towers; hotel and residential.

Both of Harmony’s projects have stalled. According to their website, this project is now slated to be completed in 2024. The TCC project should be first with opening scheduled next year. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, HRVA said:

Both of Harmony’s projects have stalled. According to their website, this project is now slated to be completed in 2024. The TCC project should be first with opening scheduled next year. 

2024 means they should be building now, or very shortly, given the normal 2 year turnaround time. A lot of projects in the area have stalled due to the supply chain issues. There was an article in the pilot about it not too long ago.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, vdogg said:

Probably complete. I haven’t checked recently. If someone can confirm I’ll change the status.

Actually, I think I may have mislabeled the thread, I might have confused this with Embassy. Changing this to on hold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• vdogg changed the title to Homewood Suites by Hilton (On Hold)
  • vdogg unpinned this topic