The Triad's Present and Future

cosmoboy

What do you think about the Triad now? Are we on the right path? Are our highways ok? Are we on the ball with our downtowns?

And, what do you think about the future of our ever growing metro area? Will it someday top areas like the Triangle or New York (just kidding)? And will the future population of North Carolina have a tremendous affect on the Triad?

Post em! :)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one trend that will definitely continue is that more and more people from up north will move down into north carolina. it seems like every person i talk to up here in the boston area is going to retire down in north carolina.

another thing i have noticed is that lot of people who originally "retired" down in florida are actually migrating up to nc as well. they get tired of the constant warm weather and want to experience the different seasons again.

eventually, the charlotte metro, the triad and triangle will be huge, and as that happens, other areas that are less developed now will start to attract the kind of people that are being attracted by the triad right now.

I think the Triad downtowns are right up to speed--they are on the right track. In time I believe that the Triad will grow more unified (it has to otherwise the region will never advance), and eventually be a nice parallel to the Triangle. Some of the latest rumors indicate that the region is maturing and really trying to find an identity--looking for new industries, jobs, developments, etc.

Archived