Downtown Jax Projects

spenser1058

On 3/2/2021 at 6:04 AM, spenser1058 said:

A shipping container micro-apartment development, how progressive!

@spenser1058 I can't wait for your photo updates on your neighborhood. How has the transition been for you so far (Pros/Cons)? Anything you miss? And most importantly... are you within walking distance to your beloved Publix subs??

5 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

A shipping container micro-apartment development, how progressive!

@spenser1058 I can't wait for your photo updates on your neighborhood. How has the transition been for you so far (Pros/Cons)? Anything you miss? And most importantly... are you within walking distance to your beloved Publix subs??

I’m awful about taking pics. I may have to leave that to @WAJAS and @Uncommon when they get up here. The nearest Publix is not in walking distance *sigh* but I must confess I’m becoming more and more a Bullseye fan for grocery shopping anyway. What I do love about Springfield are all the ‘cue and soul food places nearby. I do like being back in the South again, especially given the enthusiasm for what’s happening downtown and in neighborhood preservation generally. There’s also a sense that the local Democratic Party can have a real influence on city politics, something that’s been a dead zone in Orlando for years now.

All in all, I’m a happy camper. I’m also spending more time in Historic Fernandina than I ever did before. which I really enjoy.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/3/2021 at 5:07 PM, spenser1058 said:

I’m awful about taking pics. I may have to leave that to @WAJAS and @Uncommon when they get up here. The nearest Publix is not in walking distance *sigh* but I must confess I’m becoming more and more a Bullseye fan for grocery shopping anyway. What I do love about Springfield are all the ‘cue and soul food places nearby. I do like being back in the South again, especially given the enthusiasm for what’s happening downtown and in neighborhood preservation generally. There’s also a sense that the local Democratic Party can have a real influence on city politics, something that’s been a dead zone in Orlando for years now.

All in all, I’m a happy camper. I’m also spending more time in Historic Fernandina than I ever did before. which I really enjoy.

We'll see what happens for the pics. Thankfully The Jaxson has there updates every 2 months.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 9:42 PM, KJHburg said:

what is the story with this building that is under going renovation as I think it looked this way last year when I was in Jax.  On the river between downtown and the stadium.  Building to the right in the photo. 

IMG_8227.JPG

That carcass of a building structure is an abandoned residential twin to the adjacent finished building you see in the photo.

After well over a decade of abandonment, the "carcass" was finally imploded early last month.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 1