Union Bleachery mixed use development.

gman430

• 2 weeks later...

23 minutes ago, pressw said:

Anyone have news on this? I haven't seen anything official in months.

The developers no doubt couldn’t get bank financing due to the Fed raising interest rates. This one just like the Enclave on Laurens Road and most of the proposed projects downtown is dead. 

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

The developers no doubt couldn’t get bank financing due to the Fed raising interest rates. This one just like the Enclave on Laurens Road and most of the proposed projects downtown is dead. 

Do you know this for sure or is this more of your guesswork?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 12:47 PM, GVLover said:

I maintain these views, especially after looking at 13th Floor Investment portfolio. They don’t inspire a great deal of confidence that the project will come to fruition in any way we’ve been led to believe though at least they have a portfolio.

https://13fi.com/portfolio

My point here stands. 

As someone who does not view gentrification as evil, there are many area in close proximity to downtown Greenville that will change dramatically over the next decade or two. Even though Greenville has had quite the building boom, there is so much room to expand....particularly towards the west.

2 hours ago, GVLer said:

As someone who does not view gentrification as evil, there are many area in close proximity to downtown Greenville that will change dramatically over the next decade or two. Even though Greenville has had quite the building boom, there is so much room to expand....particularly towards the west.

Agree. I wish there were some way to get this property annexed but it doesn't seem likely. They'd have to do a shoestring annex out that direction I guess.

4 hours ago, pressw said:

Not sure about the survey stakes, but those trees have been down for at least a month. I hope the survey stakes in that outlined area are new at least.

The survey stakes looked new to me. Would line up with Danmire seeing surveyors on site very recently. I imagine they’re waiting on the grading company to show up now that the tree trimming company has completed their work. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...