North Edgehill Gardens (8 & 6 stories), 550 residential units, 200 hotel rooms, 390,000 sq. ft. office space, 15,000 sq. ft. retail/restaurant space, 6.8 acres, Beaman Motors Hawkins St. site

markhollin

Artistic liberty. William and I were saying the same thing. It looks as if the photo is from somewhere else and they just popped a rendering on a street corner. WO School of Music should be on the corner across Edgehill.

This is supposed to be the corner of 8th  & Edgehill, the SE corner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Melrose said:

I'm excited about this project for what it portends for that surrounding area heading south on 12th Avenue.  Gotta think that the nearby large parcels - United Methodist Communications,  Greater Bethel AME, Rochelle Center- are going to be the next shoes to drop......

I looked at one of the new construction tall and skinnies on Southside Ct. a few years ago, and per the agent, the Rochelle Center has some donor that will not allow them to sell that parcel--maybe it was gifted?  I've always wondered why it hasn't already been sold and redeveloped.  That agent could also have been blowing smoke since the rooftop deck view will suck if/when that happens.  

On 3/11/2021 at 1:53 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Post story now live. we knew about this one somewhat yesterday as there were core drillers on site and we knew the developer. Still a lot going on and when yo see the project update, the jaws will become unhinged. 

Does this (core drillers on site) mean they're ready to start construction?

They still have to by the property. There may be another project brewing close by. I have only little inklings of things right now. It may be nothing or it may be something. Still working on it as I found information and WW is working on sources for me.

Another nearby project is about to start. Over on 8th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

That seems to be the future Craig. Renewable resource construction which is great. As far as the retail/commercial, I can see both points. You already have a lot of pedestrian traffic on 12th from folks going to the Gulch from the many Air B&Bs to the south. I think it is a missed opportunity no to activate both.

Shortsightedness on the part of the developer and Metro. I for one think any building that address's a major street needs to be activated. That is the problem with the Omni on 4th and the CMHoF. You have an entire block that has ZERO activation. Big Mistake! Metro continues to screw up right and left and so do the planners and architects. Sorry!

If you look at the alley ways, some of those are even activated in Germantown and downtown. The more you activate a street the more you have pedestrian activity!

The biggest missed opportunity was to not ring the entire MCC with retail facing Demonbreun, KVB and the two N/S streets.  It would bring in revenue to the city…plus truly activate that area and make it more than just a huge box of convention space surrounded by hotels.

• Like 4