Perrigo's New Downtown HQ

deja vu

12 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

Correct. 10 stories with the top 3 sitting above the parking ramp with a wider footprint. As far as I can tell, it'll top out a little taller than the MSU building next door. It definitely adds density to that intersection with the building sitting close to the street.

Joe

Shame they couldn't have added a street level retail floor. Or the MSU buildings couldn't combine for my density

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 8:42 AM, HavingAhoot said:

I surprised that the retail at Rowe building across the street is still not taken years later. Hopefully this campus will make this intersection busier with foot traffic. 

There's no demand for restaurant / retail. The convention goers housed in the hotel have no need to leave the convention facility. City Hall and the County Bldg employees are brown baggers for the most part, same with the Federal Building. I can't see MSU folks taking out clients or meeting folks on the corporate expense account either.  Pretty much a desert for retail /resturants

59 minutes ago, Raildude's dad said:

There's no demand for restaurant / retail. The convention goers housed in the hotel have no need to leave the convention facility. City Hall and the County Bldg employees are brown baggers for the most part, same with the Federal Building. I can't see MSU folks taking out clients or meeting folks on the corporate expense account either.  Pretty much a desert for retail /resturants

On the other hand, people that work downtown do actually eat. And there are few options in that area, even though there’s going to be a decent concentration of workers down there. Seems like a coffee shop might do well on the ground floor of the petrified building (once the the whole Covid thing shakes itself out). 

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

While stuck in traffic, I got a nice view of Perrigo rising above the post office, at least.

20210913_081142-01.thumb.jpeg.745f273c5c5f3e46140f762771945315.jpeg

Kinda sad this is the most exciting project downtown right now. 

I'm really hoping they announce the market lot project as official soon. Or that tower across from the arena. We need something!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, GR_Urbanist said:

The first of the exterior panels are now on!

I wasn't able to get a photo, unfortunately.

I got one yesterday! It seems to be a different method other buildings. More modular and thusly faster! There’s more than what I got in a photo but I didn’t have time for a better angle. 

A2B70D1A-6FEC-427F-B37E-5F852DAD7A7E.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...