800 Lea , 45 stories, 610', 120 (?) condos, 60 capacity underground garage)

markhollin

1 hour ago, UrbanWes03 said:

Assuming this actually happens, if the property behind this gets sold after this is under construction/built, would it be allowed to be developed with a high-rise considering there are actually windows on the western facade? I don’t really know how all of that works and I am very curious because if it’s not allowed that seems like an enormously missed opportunity. 

I know Nashville ain't New York, and yet, at some point, views in the CBD will be very unlikely without prior planning or super duper height.  On another note, like MLBrumbly said, hoping this one, the Ritz, and Circle South block as many viewing angles as possible of that Westin.  (just threw up a little in my mouth...)

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NashRugger said:

The city could likely force their hand if they need to at some point. The taxable value of that property is much higher than current use and will only increase. Plus, if they are able to trace criminal activity to users of that halfway house, such as the fatal stabbing last week, that would work towards the city's favor in kicking them out.

That would be an even bigger PR nightmare for the city than the Joy Ford (Country International Records) eminent domain condemnation that got national attention 10+ years ago

Developers (in East Nashville and other areas) use dirty tactics all the time to drive homeowners into selling (by reporting codes violations, etc). This is much bigger than that and would have immediate consequences for Nashville

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, LA_TN said:

That would be an even bigger PR nightmare for the city than the Joy Ford (Country International Records) eminent domain condemnation that got national attention 10+ years ago

Developers (in East Nashville and other areas) use dirty tactics all the time to drive homeowners into selling (by reporting codes violations, etc). This is much bigger than that and would have immediate consequences for Nashville

Agreed, eminent domain is not the way to go.  But Tony can employ a "carrot and stick" strategy where he offers a fair price (carrot), and also offers to provide a different plot of land elsewhere in the city and build a new building for the charity with double or triple the hobo capacity (cost of construction deducted from the purchase price).  An offer like that (remember he did something similar with paramount?) would put the charity in the awkward position of having to explain why they don't want to help double/triple the amount of hobos.  So the stick in this scenario is whacking them over the head with a public shaming if they don't sell. 

Help me understand, why not just build Paramount in this location at 65 stories?   It seems that Tony is hell bent on only placing a 60+ story building on Church Street for some reason.   What is so special about Church Street for him?  If you have the vision and the resources to do it on Church Street and you run into road blocks, why not shift your plan to another parcel of land that would be less of a hassle to obtain approval and fewer if any objections from surrounding businesses?

Maybe it's just me....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

So we do not know what the other project is or where it will be, however I have a strong idea of where, we will have to wait and see what it will look like. I will lay some good money down that it will be taller than 612’.  That’s just my opinion though.

Salivating uncontrollably...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...