800 Lea , 45 stories, 610', 120 (?) condos, 60 capacity underground garage)

markhollin

28 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

This is going to get interesting , Lincoln & Tony G both major players in the game. Let’s see what transpires!! 

In my best Mortal Kombat video game voice...FIGHT!

Also, that Smeags and his magic eight ball know everything.  He posted a couple weeks ago about this lot (can't remember on which thread).

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 6:11 PM, natethegreat said:

You guys have to remember that it wasn’t too long ago that Nashville’s peer cities were the tier of Memphis, Birmingham, Louisiville, etc. Only recently has Nashville been able to compete with Charlotte, Austin, Tampa, etc. It’s like going from Double A to Triple A - it’s going to take a bit to adjust.

That being said, Nashville metro grew faster than all of those peers (except Austin) in the latest census. Nashville also has a key advantage over a number of peer cities (Charlotte, Atlanta) in that it has a real leisure tourism industry. This leads to more hotel / restaurant development. I think Nashville already punches above its weight in the culinary department, and is now adding a bunch of high tier restaurants.

Nashville’s relative disadvantage is that it wasn’t booming in the 1970s-1990s, when many office towers were built. In the WFH era, it’s hard to envision as many pure office towers will be built.

In short, Nashville has an advantage going forward, but a disadvantage looking backward. The current skyline is a backward looking reflection, which is why Nashville many not currently be as imposing as its (newfound) peers.

You guys have any idea on how Nashville can get out of the rut it's in?

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 8:10 AM, nashville born said:

The Calgary skyline is awesome and if we ever get even in that neighborhood, I'll be grinning from ear-to-ear.   As JJBB pointed out, mixed throughout their skyline are several towers ranging from 600-800ft.  That's where we're lacking.  We have literally ONE tower over 600ft...and that's just barely over 600.  If the majority of the proposed/planned projects come to fruition, we'll definitely have the sheer volume for density and spread we all desire.  IMO, we need to add the sporadic height to pull off the visual variety that a truly impressive skyline (a la Calgary) offers.  This is why earlier in this thread I stated I hope 800 Lea doesn't change.  At 600', it would do wonders for the overall look of the skyline.  Both it and the YMCA tower are two musts in my mind.  Most of us, myself included, often get wrapped up in the look and feel of a singular tower, yet even more important to me is the overall look of the skyline.  One tower, no matter how atrocious, can be obscured or even consumed by subsequent towers, either via angles or greater height.  Yet it's the aggregate skyline that tends to be the city's signature.  Again, it's merely one person's opinion.  I think we need a few 600-750's to really flex into what's becoming a most impressive skyline.

I agree Nashville is severely lacking in the 600-750 foot range. I rather have Nashville construct several 600-750 footers than a few 1000 footers "that is if the height restrictions become more lenient in the future".  It'll give Nashville's skyline a nice balance. Then maybe in the future add a couple 800-1000 footers once the infill densifies.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...