Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but I'm really not liking the new layout. Unless I'm missing something, there isn't a link to navigate back to the main page after reading a topic and all links take a while to load. All the extra spacing and stuff on the side margin eats up my small screen's real estate so now I have to scroll more often since less comments are visible on screen. Is there any way to customize the layout or a setting option to return to the old design? I think the last update was a nice compromise between new & old features. I also miss the original feature that gave us the option to preview comments before posting, that helped me catch my typos or fix weird formatting that doesn't translate. Still can't use keyboard emojis.

Again, no offense intended. Am I nitpicking or am I just being a boomer in spirit?

• Like 2

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but I'm really not liking the new layout. Unless I'm missing something, there isn't a link to navigate back to the main page after reading a topic and all links ta

(Spenser bogging it down with giant, days old, reposting links.) Lol

It's a piece of cake, really. You just click on Forums (top left). Wait a couple of minutes for the page to load. Then, scroll down to the list of  Cities, Places, Regions. Scroll

Posted Images

It's unbelievably slow now and I no longer see a place to click to go back to the main Orlando forum. If this doesn't resolved soon, I fear that this place could become a ghost town within a couple months.

Edited by orange87
16 hours ago, orange87 said:

It's unbelievably slow now and I no longer see a place to click to go back to the main Orlando forum. If this doesn't resolved soon, I fear that this place could become a ghost town within a couple months.

It's a piece of cake, really.

You just click on Forums (top left).

Wait a couple of minutes for the page to load.

Then, scroll down to the list of  Cities, Places, Regions.

Scroll further down to USA South

Click on Florida.

Click on Orlando.

Voila!!!!  

Piece of cake.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First time in the coffee house just to comment on this. It’s different enough that it’s really throwing my brain off. Things that are slightly darker or slightly lighter. And the reply button was so faded I thought I lost permissions!

• Like 1

Generally, this is one of the smoother operating discussion boards so I assume @Neoand his elves are working diligently With these colors, I wonder if he’s turning into a UCF Knight.Charge On with the Gus Bus!

Just now, spenser1058 said:

Generally, this is one of the smoother operating discussion boards so I assume @Neoand his elves are working diligently With these colors, I wonder if he’s turning into a UCF Knight.Charge On with the Gus Bus!

Yep...it's been a nightmare just returning things to a stable condition. I won't go into the technical details, but absolutely everything was upgraded...including all of the server infrastructure including operating systems and all software. Colors are the last thing on my mind but should be next on my list!!

Things are running smoother on my end as well. I'll be checking the site regularly again.

One problem that is still glaring, some users don't have profile pics that are loading properly, which causes there name to become large and over other text. I've attached an image with an example. @Neo

Screenshot 2021-04-28 152052.jpg

Edited by WAJAS
  • Like 2

One thing I realized with the site being down is how often I instinctively browse the site for local updates--even when I'm not posting. I'm sure there are quite a few long time lurkers who haven't joined, but also peruse the site--ya'll know who you are! And feel free to chime in at any time. ;)

Props to @Neo for creating our little online community and investing in the forum's future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 3:20 PM, WAJAS said:

Things are running smoother on my end as well. I'll be checking the site regularly again.

One problem that is still glaring, some users don't have profile pics that are loading properly, which causes there name to become large and over other text. I've attached an image with an example. @Neo

Screenshot 2021-04-28 152052.jpg

@Neo I'm still getting this problem by the way. No worries if you're still working on updates.

Just now, WAJAS said:

@Neo I'm still getting this problem by the way. No worries if you're still working on updates.

I tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't. Wanting to make sure you tried clearing your browser's cache? What browser do you use BTW?

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

I tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't. Wanting to make sure you tried clearing your browser's cache? What browser do you use BTW?

I use Edge (the newer Chromium one). This is the only site I've had problems like this on. Clearing the cache hasn't solved it.

It's only the threads that were started by @sunshine. It seems to be a problem with the profile picture.

Edited by WAJAS
On 5/16/2021 at 8:14 PM, WAJAS said:

I use Edge (the newer Chromium one). This is the only site I've had problems like this on. Clearing the cache hasn't solved it.

It's only the threads that were started by @sunshine. It seems to be a problem with the profile picture.

I took out the problematic non-existent profile image so let me know if you have any further issues. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

@NeoJust wondering, is there supposed to be one comment at the top of every thread separated away from the other comments by a "statistic bar"? To me, it makes more sense to have the "stat bar" either at the very top or very bottom of the comments, just seems a bit weird for the bar to be integrated in the comment section and separate one lone comment. Wasn't sure if this is the intended layout:

layout.thumb.jpg.0cd63a70ef6f400eb495a6bd7aa1e02f.jpg

Edited by nite owℓ
6 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

@NeoJust wondering, is there supposed to be one comment at the top of every thread separated away from the other comments by a "statistic bar"? To me, it makes more sense to have the "stat bar" either at the very top or very bottom of the comments, just seems a bit weird for the bar to be integrated in the comment section and separate one lone comment. Wasn't sure if this is the intended layout:

layout.thumb.jpg.0cd63a70ef6f400eb495a6bd7aa1e02f.jpg

I disagree on this (not strongly btw). The post is the first unique identifier of the page, so it should be as far up as possible. If I'm skipping around pages and looking for a specific one, then I can't identify that with the statistic bar on top because the first post gets pushed out and requires scrolling.

10 hours ago, Neo said:

I took out the problematic non-existent profile image so let me know if you have any further issues. Thanks!

This fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

Edited by WAJAS
20 hours ago, WAJAS said:

I disagree on this (not strongly btw). The post is the first unique identifier of the page, so it should be as far up as possible. If I'm skipping around pages and looking for a specific one, then I can't identify that with the statistic bar on top because the first post gets pushed out and requires scrolling.

I was just making sure that was the intended page layout (I use firefox) as those things are typically located in the margins/header/footer of the page

• Like 1