North Gulch Gateway, (Tennessean site) Phase II: Gulch Central (41 story residential/hotel, 28 story office, 6 story mixed-use); Phase I: Asurion HQ (10 & 11 stories)

markhollin

2 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Glad they're going downtown! Still confused on the site, but I think that's the very spot I referenced a few posts back today about the "fat part of the guitar shaped lot" of the Tennessean properties. 

You're correct, it's the body of the ukulele. I refuse to call it a guitar. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

... two mid-rise towers ... late 2021 ... approximately 465,000 square feet of office space, 76,000 square feet of outdoor space that is linked to the Nashville greenway and supported by 21,000 square feet of retail space on 11th Avenue North.

Thank you sir!! It was interesting watching the puzzle come together!

IMG_20180206_175155.jpg

Basically, this is two Gulch Crossings buildings built next to Church St

Edited by LA_TN
  • Like 3

This is a great start to the redevelopment of that property, and there's still about half of the Gannett property still to develop even after the Asurion project. Still lots of potential for great things to rise up in those spots.

Also, I had to chuckle when I saw that the NBJ broke the story before the Tennessean.  Ouch.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

I guess I am the lone voice of dissent, but this spot deserved a 30-35 story gateway building....this building is cool for the 'burbs.

I agree, but this is exactly what I expected from Asurion. I never thought they would go into a 30 story tower

• Like 1

Totally love that Asurion will stay downtown and yes, the building is filling a large 'hole' in the Gulch. The building looks  and acts like Synovous Bank building hanging off the Demonbreun viaduct...good connection with 11th below but leaves behind a slight aroma of what could have been.... positive nonetheless!

Don't like this at all-it's a misuse of Broadway.

For over a year now, I have been telling anyone and everyone who would listen in the urban design community in Nashville about an idea I had for the four corners of 12th and Broadway. It is a retail fashion district called Fashion Row which would highlight Nashville's burgeoning fashion design scene along with more notable national and international retailers. Along with massive residential development in the Gulch and a Museum/Theater district on Upper Broadway where Beaman and the other car dealer is located the idea was to present the concept to an Amazon sized company as a recruitment tool. Couple that with an expanded Nashville Yards and you would have an entirely new downtown with enough residents to support such a concept on Broadway.

Nobody listened.

So now we have a suburban style building being built on the heart of Broadway instead of any number of spots in Downtown.

Nashville deserves better. Broadway is Broadway and it needs something special.

4 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

Don't like this at all-it's a misuse of Broadway.

For over a year now, I have been telling anyone and everyone who would listen in the urban design community in Nashville about an idea I had for the four corners of 12th and Broadway. It is a retail fashion district called Fashion Row which would highlight Nashville's burgeoning fashion design scene along with more notable national and international retailers. Along with massive residential development in the Gulch and a Museum/Theater district on Upper Broadway where Beaman and the other car dealer is located the idea was to present the concept to an Amazon sized company as a recruitment tool. Couple that with an expanded Nashville Yards and you would have an entirely new downtown with enough residents to support such a concept on Broadway.

Nobody listened.

So now we have a suburban style building being built on the heart of Broadway instead of any number of spots in Downtown.

Nashville deserves better. Broadway is Broadway and it needs something special.

Broadway and Church aren't the same street...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So as best I can tell, no plans have been announced for the huge lot that currently houses the Tennessean itself, or their small parking lot on 12th, or the parking lot on the other side of Broadway (and the warehouse space that sits underneath it). With some creativity, those lots could turn into something amazing in the next 5 years. 

• Like 3

Many may or may not know this, but the Tennessean building spans the above ground Broadway building we all see and extends underneath the Broadway viaduct all the way to the end of the parking lot next to the Exxon. The parking lot is actually the roof of the building which extends under the viaduct.

4 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

So as best I can tell, no plans have been announced for the huge lot that currently houses the Tennessean itself, or their small parking lot on 12th, or the parking lot on the other side of Broadway (and the warehouse space that sits underneath it). With some creativity, those lots could turn into something amazing in the next 5 years. 

Question regarding the Asurion (Tennessean) Development.  Of the 5.65 acre triangle parcel the Asurion buildings encompass under half of the available area. The remaining land will be between the (current) greenway and the railroad tracks. Any thoughts on the use for this parcel? If built-up it will have access to the Church Street viaduct, but almost no access on 11th.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eNJlzgNqHGORxOnj5K_ArawPi2736T2d/view?usp=sharing