North Gulch Gateway, (Tennessean site) Phase II: Gulch Central (41 story residential/hotel, 28 story office, 6 story mixed-use); Phase I: Asurion HQ (10 & 11 stories)

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Bark At The Sun said:

I've noticed this week the Asurion-Ragland lot has cleared out all of the construction vehicles that have been using (Centric, 3rd Avenue utility work) it over the last few months of so.   There are two security vehicles that are quick to intercept anybody trying to get in.   Not alot of vehicles in the lot, but noticed the difference this week.

Yeah I just had lunch today with an Asurion friend and they're being told December to move in to the new digs.  Also, he's going in next week to clear out his belongings from the Ragland building.  So, for all intents and purposes, the Ragland building is done unless Asurion wants to put other departments in that building.  But I am guessing not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Asurion HQ update.

Looking NE from Church Street Viaduct, 1/4 block west of CSX tracks:

Asurion, April 18, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Church Street Viaduct, just west of CSX tracks:

Asurion, April 18, 2021, 2.jpeg

Asurion, April 18, 2021, 3.jpeg

Looking SW from Church Street Viaduct, just west of CSX tracks:

Asurion, April 18, 2021, 4.jpeg

It is really unfortunate that they couldn’t connect to the viaduct and have a huge sidewalk/planting area fronting Church street. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, downtownresident said:

It is really unfortunate that they couldn’t connect to the viaduct and have a huge sidewalk/planting area fronting Church street. 

To me that is a HUGE loss for the city. I dont know if this is a city thing, TDOT thing, developer thing or a combination of all three, but it is truly a massive missed opportunity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

To me that is a HUGE loss for the city. I dont know if this is a city thing, TDOT thing, developer thing or a combination of all three, but it is truly a massive missed opportunity.

The viaduct does change elevation along that stretch, maybe it was deemed to expensive to match the grade between the two. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, downtownresident said:

The viaduct does change elevation along that stretch, maybe it was deemed to expensive to match the grade between the two. 

It's not a State highway. TDOT has no say over who connects to it. They are responsible for administering contracts to upgrade and maintain the viaduct, however.

• Thanks 2