North Gulch Gateway, (Tennessean site) Phase II: Gulch Central (41 story residential/hotel, 28 story office, 6 story mixed-use); Phase I: Asurion HQ (10 & 11 stories)

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...

Cost for the Asurion HQ has risen from $252 to $285 million.  Square footage of the complex will now be 551,000 sq. ft., as opposed to 479,000 listed originally.   There will be 9,000 sq. ft. of street level retail, and a 1,000 capacity, 6 level  garage ((some below grade, some above).  There will be sky bridges connecting the two structures *still9 and 8 stories) at the 5th and 7th floors.
Groundbreaking is set for January, 2019, and finish anticipated for 4th quarter of 2021.

One Correction: 3.5/1000 = 1930 spaces.

Here is the link to the Asurion Presentation from inside of the Highwoods links

http://assets.highwoods.com/content/investor/1532120398.asurion_june-2018_final.pdf

One thing that confuses me is how this is relating to the gulch greenway. Is it sandwiched between 11th ave and the greenway or does it go over the greenway as shown in smeagolsfree's development map.

Also here is one more rendering released in the presentation as well as a massing study for the two buildings. 

Concept rendering.jpg

Massing Study.jpg

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 3

A few more renderings.  The first tow are fuller screen than the couple new ones shown above. The third is brand new, and the fourth is a cross section of the floor set-up.

With the diagram, it is now clear that from the 11th Ave. North perspective, one of the buildings is actually 13 stories, and the other is 12.

Asurion, July 23, 2018, render 1.png

Asurion, July 23, 2018, render 2.png

Asurion, July 23, 2018, render 3.png

Asurion, July 23, 2018, render 4.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dmillsphoto said:

Nissan HQ

Interesting comparison.  I was thinking more in terms of downtown, but I'm sure while the Nissan HQ out in Cool Springs seems "tall" by comparison the same height in the CBD will seem medium sized at best.  I was guessing an overall height close to the Bennie Dillon, 700 Church St, if not a tad shorter.

23 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

For what it's worth, this nine story office building will have more square footage (551,000) the 29 story, 417' tall Pinnacle office building (520,000).

What could've been.

Guess we're still decades away of some developers worrying about the biggest bang for their bucks.  Surely there will come a time when building these suburban-style office buildings in our urban core no longer make sense...right?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I wish it were taller too, but just because it's relatively short doesn't mean it's automatically a suburban style building.  In my opinion, this is relatively cutting edge architecture for Nashville.  So it looks great, and it fits in with it's surroundings appropriately.  I'll put it this way, I like it about as much as one could possibly like a nine story building.  haha

I definitely like the offset stacks...but it still is pretty Cool Springs-ish.  But I do like it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 9:22 AM, Bos2Nash said:

One thing that confuses me is how this is relating to the gulch greenway. Is it sandwiched between 11th ave and the greenway or does it go over the greenway as shown in smeagolsfree's development map.Concept rendering.jpg

Does anyone understand the plan for the greenway? I think I'm missing something obvious... Why is it even split into two buildings?

• 2 months later...