North Gulch Gateway, (Tennessean site) Phase II: Gulch Central (41 story residential/hotel, 28 story office, 6 story mixed-use); Phase I: Asurion HQ (10 & 11 stories)

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, markhollin said:

I t will remain, but be rerouted slightly in spots. 

Do you know any specifics? My hope is at the entrance under church street it just continues all the way east to the train tracks and then turns south there, running along the tracks.

4 minutes ago, titanhog said:

So...is Assurion the only development announced on the Tennessean land so far?  I'm assuming there will be other announcements once the Tennessean leaves their building?

Probably so. We just dont know what Highwoods has planned yet not knowing if it will be office, hotel, residential, or a combination of all. That end of Broadway is going to be much different in the next five years.

• Like 1

Just now, smeagolsfree said:

Probably so. We just dont know what Highwoods has planned yet not knowing if it will be office, hotel, residential, or a combination of all. That end of Broadway is going to be much different in the next five years.

It's large enough to have at least 2-3 more buildings...right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rjgo said:

I've heard some rumblings on Highwoods's plans for the Tennessean HQ site but am not allowed to share yet. Otherwise, Asurion is the only one announced.

Come to one of the meets and share. Folks are not supposed to share on the board or anywhere else under pain of death what is heard there. But again, I understand as I have info I cant share on several projects and I cant share at the meets either.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Come to one of the meets and share. Folks are not supposed to share on the board or anywhere else under pain of death what is heard there. But again, I understand as I have info I cant share on several projects and I cant share at the meets either.

And we are historically overdue for a recession...so all bets are off on some of these projects if things take a sudden slowdown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Asurion site today - lots of digging activity and road closure

20190122_110208.jpg

The greenway on the far left of this picture is lined with a stone retaining wall supporting an 8 - 10 ft elevation change between the greenway and the parking area on the east side.     The wall is made of giant limestone blocks and I think was originally built by the railroad.      Wherever the greenway ends up in this development, I would love to see those blocks reused in some way, rather than have them end up in a fill site somewhere.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rjgo said:

Is there somewhere that we as citizens can put in requests for things like this to be considered? None of the streetlights in this area work either...

Dunno about road straightening ideas, but are you familiar with hubNashville (hub.nashville.gov)? They've been pretty responsive in my experience on stuff like street lights.

7 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Reporting  a street light outage is very easy via the hub link or directly to NES.

https://www.nespower.com/securitylight.aspx

In the land covered by the Gulch Business Improvement District, street lights are monitored daily and any outages are reported to NES.  At each GBID board meeting, I see a report on the outages each month and whether NES is fixing them.  They seem to be consistently responsive to us.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:09 PM, nashville_bound said:

Asurion site today - lots of digging activity and road closure

Yeah... that road closure is still happening. I made a bad decision to cut through the gulch and added FOURTY-FIVE minutes to my trip last night. That whole area is a cluster*** right now, and will be for some time to come with all of these projects. For some reason, until last night, I had no idea that Church Street also runs BENEATH the viaduct above. 

With Asurion, Flank, etc. there really needs to be more thought put into how congestion in the area can be mitigated.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Yeah... that road closure is still happening. I made a bad decision to cut through the gulch and added FOURTY-FIVE minutes to my trip last night. That whole area is a cluster*** right now, and will be for some time to come with all of these projects. For some reason, until last night, I had no idea that Church Street also runs BENEATH the viaduct above. 

With Asurion, Flank, etc. there really needs to be more thought put into how congestion in the area can be mitigated.

And how long have you lived here!!!!:tw_scream:  Just pulling your chain.

• Haha 2