North Gulch Gateway, (Tennessean site) Phase II: Gulch Central (41 story residential/hotel, 28 story office, 6 story mixed-use); Phase I: Asurion HQ (10 & 11 stories)

markhollin

On 6/3/2021 at 5:32 AM, markhollin said:

Asurion HQ update: Signage up on south end; work continues on Church Street Viaduct plaza.

Looking north from 11th Ave. North, just north of Broadway Viaduct:

Asurion, May 30, 2021, 2.jpeg

Back in the day with my Tonka construction vehicles...a kid's paradise!

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

Hawkins Partners (landscape architect for the Asurion building) posted on their instagram a site visit. A nice detail about the stairs from 11th up to Church is the inclusion of bike runnels so that bikers will not need to carry their bike. You can see channel like groove running directly adjacent to the staircase in the picture below. These "runnels" are used all over the Netherlands, specifically at their bike garage locations. Small details like this make the building all that much better. 

image.png.116c5be05106f473d8bb73b4a7b15122.png

Here is a link to the instagram post

That's awesome.  When I worked in the 2nd Ave Asurion building, there would be 4-5 bikes parked in the inside bike lobby at any given time.  I hope more choose to bike in once the office opens up.

• Like 4

On 6/12/2021 at 1:55 PM, BNAfan said:

Yes , to bike runnels!  Is this the first one in BNA?  Way to include that detail!  

They are the first ones I have seen highlighted, but I can't be sure if they are actually the first ones installed in Nashville.

• Thanks 1