Aviva Senior Living (Under Construction)

baobabs727

New retirement community planned for Pembroke Mall property. 

The 7-story building will have 124 independent living apartments, 20 assisted living apartments and 12 memory support units at the corner of Jeanne Street and Constitution Drive.”

https://www.dailypress.com/life/real-estate/vp-nw-senior-living-0302-20210301-zt7j2rmvonfoveunj2voy5afn4-story.html

27A934C8-8E40-4FA5-B6B1-DFC0F4DB85DA.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

New retirement community planned for Pembroke Mall property. 

The 7-story building will have 124 independent living apartments, 20 assisted living apartments and 12 memory support units at the corner of Jeanne Street and Constitution Drive.”

https://www.dailypress.com/life/real-estate/vp-nw-senior-living-0302-20210301-zt7j2rmvonfoveunj2voy5afn4-story.html

27A934C8-8E40-4FA5-B6B1-DFC0F4DB85DA.jpeg

Underwhelmed by the architecture (I mean, they could've added some curves, some color, something), but as far as jump starting the densification and redevelopment of the Pembroke area I'm ecstatic. Will probably make a separate thread for all of this. Oh what I wouldn't give to have the Westminster Canterbury Tower transplanted to over here...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vdogg said:

Underwhelmed by the architecture (I mean, they could've added some curves, some color, something), but as far as jump starting the densification and redevelopment of the Pembroke area I'm ecstatic. Will probably make a separate thread for all of this. Oh what I wouldn't give to have the Westminster Canterbury Tower transplanted to over here...

Totally agree. I will reach out to him and see what he has to say about that. I agree there needs to be more color and some added dimension. Hopefully there will be some tweaks. 

On a positive note, I do like that it’s seven stories (as opposed to say 3-5), and the “green” roof is kinda cool.  Will have quite a presence back there and will really transform that blighted parking lot. 

4 hours ago, vdogg said:

Also Babs good work getting the scoop on this months ago. You've really been on top of this one. 

Thanks. My pleasure. 

Edited by baobabs727
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, vdogg said:

The senior housing development was on the May 12th planning docket, but has been deferred at the request of the developer so that they can complete community outreach. The deferral will last 30 days.

That's interesting. He had asked me if I or anyone I knew lived in the adjacent and surrounding area. I think he was looking for some neighborhood contacts.... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • vdogg changed the title to Pembroke Senior Living Project (Proposed)
  • vdogg pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Not much and not large. Appears to be located right across from where Pembroke Senior Living will be on Google Maps. *Appears to be a separate project but if not will merge later.

"This project is located at the intersection of Jeanne Street and Constitution Drive. The development consists of a 47,155 SF senior living facility and its associated infrastructure. 2.37 AC of land disturbance is proposed with the completion of the project."

Address registers to Pembroke Mall. I believe it's likely the same project. Will start the process of moving posts from the Pembroke thread later today.

• vdogg changed the title to Avia Senior Living (Proposed)
13 hours ago, vdogg said:

Not much and not large. Appears to be located right across from where Pembroke Senior Living will be on Google Maps. *Appears to be a separate project but if not will merge later.

"This project is located at the intersection of Jeanne Street and Constitution Drive. The development consists of a 47,155 SF senior living facility and its associated infrastructure. 2.37 AC of land disturbance is proposed with the completion of the project."

Address registers to Pembroke Mall. I believe it's likely the same project. Will start the process of moving posts from the Pembroke thread later today.

Yeah, Avia is going to be at the northeastern corner of the Pembroke Mall site at the intersection of Constitution & Jeanne, according to the site plans submitted to our Department by the developer.

Still combing through submissions in the system weekly to snag a peek at the designs for the other buildings whenever the developer finally submits those. I really wanna see that 14-story hotel!

• Like 1

• vdogg changed the title to Avia Senior Living (Under Construction)
  • vdogg changed the title to Aviva Senior Living (Under Construction)
  • 1 month later...

Sigh... Went by today because I had to stop by the Halloween store, and curiously all the construction equipment that was there is gone. The fencing is still up, but that's literally the only thing that's there that can clue you into something is supposed to be built there. Not entirely sure what's going on. I'm not making too much of it just yet, I fail to see how a senior living apartment of all things could fall through in Virginia Beach, so I'm going to dig around and see what exactly is going on and why the construction equipment has been removed.

12 hours ago, br0guy said:

Still grinding that axe, huh?  Haterz gon hate  :tw_joy:

Really? Sooo pithy.  Lmao. Zzz.  

Listen, brother. Pharrell hasn’t gotten one brick laid yet. He hasn’t gotten his paper straight either.  Same with the Military Circle proposal.  (Btw, look at how those pathetic Norfolk City Council folks—You, Kenny!—get on their knees and sniff his ass.  It’s a joke.)  And, no, we have no clue how much of his own money (risk) he has in the game. I suspect it’s none to very little. Venture has refused to answer that question from local media. That’s fine. But the fact is that his developer track record is nonexistent thusfar. Nonexistent. 

Some of you are so starstruck that, within the context of this development forum, you likely admire him more than Bruce Thompson. 

Fact is, to be fair to Pharrell, I do not worship celebrities of any kind—no matter his/her political stripe, attractiveness,  business, race, ethnicity or cultural affiliation. That’s how I was raised.  Never been to Hollywood. Have no interest in going.

Call me crazy, but I choose to pay homage to the true heroes in my life. To the people I actually know!! Like my family, my friends and my God. I don’t give a damn about a megalomaniacal, attention-seeking celebrity.  Especially not one who communicates in riddles, employing his subterranean level IQ and his very own bizzaro-world lexicon to say a bunch of nonsensical bullcrap. 

• Haha 1

Nobody is starstruck. Yes, a celebrity name attached to a major project caught our eye, but you’ve done nothing but badmouth Pharrell as if he stole your girlfriend. We get it, you’re not a fan and yes you’re entitled to your opinion (despite the fact that you love implying otherwise). If I don’t care about a celebrity I’ll make it known once, then I’m done.

But honestly, you’re the only one who seems to be so obsessed with Pharrell Williams. Everyone else is simply waiting for details but could take it or leave it. And most of us have become frustrated with this being yet another slow Hampton Roads project.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 10:33 AM, vdogg said:

Sigh... Went by today because I had to stop by the Halloween store, and curiously all the construction equipment that was there is gone. The fencing is still up, but that's literally the only thing that's there that can clue you into something is supposed to be built there. Not entirely sure what's going on. I'm not making too much of it just yet, I fail to see how a senior living apartment of all things could fall through in Virginia Beach, so I'm going to dig around and see what exactly is going on and why the construction equipment has been removed.

Mr.  Smith tells me that the equipment had been there for utilities relocation, etc.  They break ground w/in 30 days.  Waiting on some "Documents" from City.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...