New retirement community planned for Pembroke Mall property. 

The 7-story building will have 124 independent living apartments, 20 assisted living apartments and 12 memory support units at the corner of Jeanne Street and Constitution Drive.”

https://www.dailypress.com/life/real-estate/vp-nw-senior-living-0302-20210301-zt7j2rmvonfoveunj2voy5afn4-story.html

27A934C8-8E40-4FA5-B6B1-DFC0F4DB85DA.jpeg

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 2

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some additional renderings and details.  

Better renderings located on architects website. https://www.kahlerslater.com/expertise/residential/pembroke-senior-living  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

New retirement community planned for Pembroke Mall property. 

The 7-story building will have 124 independent living apartments, 20 assisted living apartments and 12 memory support units at the corner of Jeanne Street and Constitution Drive.”

https://www.dailypress.com/life/real-estate/vp-nw-senior-living-0302-20210301-zt7j2rmvonfoveunj2voy5afn4-story.html

27A934C8-8E40-4FA5-B6B1-DFC0F4DB85DA.jpeg

Underwhelmed by the architecture (I mean, they could've added some curves, some color, something), but as far as jump starting the densification and redevelopment of the Pembroke area I'm ecstatic. Will probably make a separate thread for all of this. Oh what I wouldn't give to have the Westminster Canterbury Tower transplanted to over here...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, vdogg said:

Underwhelmed by the architecture (I mean, they could've added some curves, some color, something), but as far as jump starting the densification and redevelopment of the Pembroke area I'm ecstatic. Will probably make a separate thread for all of this. Oh what I wouldn't give to have the Westminster Canterbury Tower transplanted to over here...

Totally agree. I will reach out to him and see what he has to say about that. I agree there needs to be more color and some added dimension. Hopefully there will be some tweaks. 

On a positive note, I do like that it’s seven stories (as opposed to say 3-5), and the “green” roof is kinda cool.  Will have quite a presence back there and will really transform that blighted parking lot. 

4 hours ago, vdogg said:

Also Babs good work getting the scoop on this months ago. You've really been on top of this one. 

Thanks. My pleasure. 

Edited by baobabs727
  • Thanks 1

I agree the exterior could use some curves...at first I thought it was a hotel. But overall, I'm guessing this is the first step in revamping Pembroke into a continuation of Town Center?

• 2 months later...

The senior housing development was on the May 12th planning docket, but has been deferred at the request of the developer so that they can complete community outreach. The deferral will last 30 days.

18 hours ago, vdogg said:

The senior housing development was on the May 12th planning docket, but has been deferred at the request of the developer so that they can complete community outreach. The deferral will last 30 days.

That's interesting. He had asked me if I or anyone I knew lived in the adjacent and surrounding area. I think he was looking for some neighborhood contacts.... 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

• vdogg pinned this topic