The Sinclair, 27 stories, 315', 334 residential units; 31,500 sq. ft. retail; 13,040 sq. ft. restaurant; underground garage

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 2416 West End, 27 stories, 370 ft., 320 residential units; 31,5000 sq. ft. retail; 13,040 sq. ft. restaurant; underground garage

I can't help but think there will be some opposition to tearing down the corner building. I passed it so many times over my 60 years in Nashville. It wasn't a building you always just passed by, but because of the stoplights and street layout, you almost always got a good look at it.

I wish it could have been incorporated in some way into the new design, but I get that it was never very likely. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

I can't help but think there will be some opposition to tearing down the corner building. I passed it so many times over my 60 years in Nashville. It wasn't a building you always just passed by, but because of the stoplights and street layout, you almost always got a good look at it.

I wish it could have been incorporated in some way into the new design, but I get that it was never very likely. 

The Firestone building? I get that it is old with some art deco design cues, but also having driven by it many times it mostly just struck me as an abandoned service station. Not sure it has the emotional appeal to drum up much opposition.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

can't help but think there will be some opposition to tearing down the corner building. I passed it so many times over my 60 years in Nashville. It wasn't a building you always just passed by, but because of the stoplights and street layout, you almost always got a good look at it.

It sure doesn't look like much in terms of architecture.  It may be old but I can't imagine why anyone would be opposed to tearing it down and I don't see anything worth keeping as far as history is concerned!

• markhollin changed the title to 2416 West End, 27 (33?) stories, 374 ft., 320 residential units; 31,5000 sq. ft. retail; 13,040 sq. ft. restaurant; underground garage
6 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

Gorgeous design and will be a great addition to the mini-skyline surrounding Centennial Park. Last time I was at the Smoothie King, I thought the existing building was a little interesting, but not anything special.

Looks like there's no plan to alter the odd intersection of 25th/Elliston and West End?

The intersection is addressed in the document Smeagolsfree linked. Apparently that intersection was studied/modeled and the current configuration is better than the alternatives.