Any Nashville area Golf Course or Country Clubs Planned?

steelkid247

Hello everyone - i hope this is the right way to ask this question!

I like many others who are moving here am struggling with the country club situation in Nashville (poor me i know).  There seems to be an abundance of people moving there but a lack of clubs.  The clubs i have visited almost all have 1.5-2 year waitlists and are charging $100k to get in, which is fairly ridiculous when compared to the rest of the country.

My question: are there any future golf developments planned for the Nashville area?  One would think it would take off with the amount of people on waitlists.  Any rumors or announcements out there?  Realize the land is probably worth more as housing developments, but once can dream!  Any help is appreciated.

Edited by steelkid247

• steelkid247 changed the title to Any Nashville area Golf Course or Country Clubs Planned?

I have heard of zero being planned, but I sure do not run in that crowd. I am sure we would here of it first here. Best bet is to keep your eyes open for any new master planned gated communities with golf courses being planned. We normally do not talk about those as much on here, but the Williamson County source or Home Page  and some times the NBJ reports on those.

There was supposed to have been a Tiger Woods golf course in Williamson planned but I do think that was cxled.

On 6/29/2021 at 11:16 AM, steelkid247 said:

I like many others who are moving here am struggling with the country club situation in Nashville (poor me i know).  There seems to be an abundance of people moving there but a lack of clubs.  The clubs i have visited almost all have 1.5-2 year waitlists and are charging $100k to get in, which is fairly ridiculous when compared to the rest of the country.

My question: are there any future golf developments planned for the Nashville area?  One would think it would take off with the amount of people on waitlists.  Any rumors or announcements out there?  Realize the land is probably worth more as housing developments, but once can dream!  Any help is appreciated.

I would recommend Hillwood out of all of them as the golf course is really nice and they keep upgrading their facilities. Also they have really fun halloween and thanksgiving events and their food is fantastic. But honestly most of the options are good.

I will be honest, if you are not a white, Christian, straight man (like myself) don’t bother going to belle meade country club even to visit. My dad and I could only go to that club as guests and couldn’t get memberships at all due to our race/ethnicity and this was in 2007.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• 11 months later...

just curious if anyone has heard anything on this front?  The city has limited golf options (public and private) so curious if any new clubs or courses have been announced?  Realize its a long shot as the land is much more valuable for home development, but felt like it was worth asking...thank you!

On 6/29/2021 at 10:16 AM, steelkid247 said:

The Golf Club of Tennessee, which is very exclusive, is planning on adding a 'commercial' golf course to their land to hopefully host ' a PGA event'. I don't know if it will have membership opportunities. The plans are real but very preliminary.

Doesn't the US Open require a public course? Makes you go hmmm.

8 hours ago, steelkid247 said:

...you need to buy a lot in the community to be a member at Troubadour, and the cheapest lot is $900k. 

For that price you could buy 100 acres of land and build your own course...

...which I recommend you get started on right away!  The course isn't going to build itself.:D

I also do not know of any new courses going up,  but I would like to chime in on this discussion.

Nashville is struggling on the public course front as well. There are not an abundance of decently priced, good golf courses in the area. The demand far outweighs the supply and there are many times when getting a last minute tee time is nearly impossible anywhere!

I have a weird hobby of rating all of the golf courses I play on a scale of 1-10. And in my opinion, Nashville has a serious lack of readily available 6.0/10 - 7.0/10 ranked golf courses that are around $50-$60.

All that to say, it doesn’t surprise me that you are having a difficult time on the private club front as well. Nashville is amazing for so many reasons! But golf is not one of them.

• Like 1

Two rivers is decent for a municipal course. And, I love all golf. So, to understand the scale better, the best course I have ever played is a 9.5. I’m leaving room that there is always a possibility of a better place out there. I’m weighing factors like condition, layout, the uniqueness and memorability of holes, history, views, price, busyness, etc.

So for what it’s worth, my Nashville course rankings thus far would be:

7.0 - Hermitage President’s Reserve

6.7 - Hermitage General’s Retreat

6.7 - Nashville Golf and Athletic Club

6.6 - Gaylord Opry Springs

6.6 - Bluegrass Yacht and Country Club

5.0 - Franklin Bridge Golf Club

4.6 - Country Hills

4.6 - Harpeth Hills

4.5 - Twelve Stones

4.3 - Ted Rhodes

4.2 - Two Rivers