• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uhh the same folks who moved to the West End which was once bad? Or West Greenville Village? Or downtown period. The whole thing was bad at one point.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z5khGBwdHEVTkPFDGEpSqMfaBekY0CVl/view 96 units...looks to be early in design.

The development of the Washington Street corridor is critical with the opening of Unity.  Glad to see one project already on the docket, hopefully that will spur some investment in street scape and si

The development of the Washington Street corridor is critical with the opening of Unity.  Glad to see one project already on the docket, hopefully that will spur some investment in street scape and sidewalk improvements.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gman430 said:

Why would anybody want to live directly across the street from where all of the homeless people hang out at Miracle Hill? No thanks. 

Uhh the same folks who moved to the West End which was once bad? Or West Greenville Village? Or downtown period. The whole thing was bad at one point.

• Like 3
On 7/6/2021 at 9:59 AM, gman430 said:

Why would anybody want to live directly across the street from where all of the homeless people hang out at Miracle Hill? No thanks. 

Yikes. Great point Ebenezer

• Haha 1
On 7/6/2021 at 4:16 PM, motonenterprises said:

I stand by my statement. I will not live at a place where I know homeless people will ask me for money everyday anytime I try to walk down the sidewalk. 

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

I stand by my statement. I will not live at a place where I know homeless people will ask me for money everyday anytime I try to walk down the sidewalk. 

I guess you can 't live anywhere downtown or on Woodruff Rd then? I'm even seeing them in Simpsonville now. Unfortunately every city has this issue. Especially as they grow larger.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 4:16 PM, motonenterprises said:

One of the aforementioned here.  I agree with Montonenterprises.  Its a matter of comfort and risk and what you are willing to accept.  If you are willing to take the risk and interim issues, you would get a lot more for less and a more dramatic bump in property value down the road and in our case being walking distance to downtown which sets us up for an easier transition to a more walkable retirement and reducing the number of cars we will need.  A lot can change in just a few years (prostitutes stopped hanging out on our street after just the first few months of us moving in :good:)  and while there is risk in assuming that, this area seems to be a less risky bet.  One thing that takes much longer to improve is school districts, a terrible school district is a much longer term problem IMHO.

Edited by gvegascple
  • Like 1