Moxy Hotel (Completed)

vdogg

4 hours ago, Lluck002 said:

You don’t necessarily have to submit a FOIA request to get information from our system. I think it’s just a preferred method in some cases. If you get in contact with the person who’s handling the case you’re interesting in, they might just send you the info directly. The reason I was hesitant to share the renderings is because I’m not directly involved with this development so I didn’t wanna step on any toes of my colleagues’ work.

However, I will say that that Record file does have a lot more renderings, some of which include more color and various different angles, but perhaps those were prior to revisions being made and they only are releasing the most recent ones? Unsure. But Kim Dotson is super nice and helpful and I guarantee she isn’t trying to deceive anyone. Do you guys want me to ask her if I can share the other ones I found?

That would be awesome if you could, specifically any color renderings that show how the building fits in with the local surroundings.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vdogg said:

That would be awesome if you could, specifically any color renderings that show how the building fits in with the local surroundings.

I asked my colleague and the higher-quality 3D ones we received were before some small revisions, but the building form and placement is basically the same. Because of that, he advised me that I should check with our superior before possibly releasing said unrevised plans. Should have an update by Monday

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 5:04 AM, Lluck002 said:

You don’t necessarily have to submit a FOIA request to get information from our system. I think it’s just a preferred method in some cases. If you get in contact with the person who’s handling the case you’re interesting in, they might just send you the info directly. The reason I was hesitant to share the renderings is because I’m not directly involved with this development so I didn’t wanna step on any toes of my colleagues’ work.

However, I will say that that Record file does have a lot more renderings, some of which include more color and various different angles, but perhaps those were prior to revisions being made and they only are releasing the most recent ones? Unsure. But Kim Dotson is super nice and helpful and I guarantee she isn’t trying to deceive anyone. Do you guys want me to ask her if I can share the other ones I found?

I took the initiative to submit the FOIA request because you suggested that someone here do that…so that we could all see that which you could not… were not at liberty to …reveal. It was somewhat  time-consuming, and there was a lot of back-and-forth.  I posted the results here for everyone to see, but of course we were all disappointed that there was really nothing …to see. 

So, do you know where these missing full color renders went? Any updates from your inquiries to your superiors about releasing the revisions instead or in addition to…?

Edited by baobabs727

On 5/2/2022 at 10:45 AM, baobabs727 said:

I took the initiative to submit the FOIA request because you suggested that someone here do that…so that we could all see that which you could not… were not at liberty to …reveal. It was somewhat  time-consuming, and there was a lot of back-and-forth.  I posted the results here for everyone to see, but of course we were all disappointed that there was really nothing …to see. 

So, do you know where these missing full color renders went? Any updates from your inquiries to your superiors about releasing the revisions instead or in addition to…?

Like I said, my superiors didn’t really want me to share the color ones submitted because they were before some slight revisions were made. I’ll ask again though. Sorry I’ve been slow to follow-up! It’s been super busy at work so have had less time to focus on fun things

5 hours ago, Lluck002 said:

Like I said, my superiors didn’t really want me to share the color ones submitted because they were before some slight revisions were made. I’ll ask again though. Sorry I’ve been slow to follow-up! It’s been super busy at work so have had less time to focus on fun things

Thanks. No worries. 

11 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

Thanks very much! I like.  Promise I won't have a go at the kindly "FOIA lady," for she was truly pleasant to work with. But I do wonder why these weren't included in the production of my FOIA docs. Anyway, they're handsome enough. 

They weren’t included in the FOIA because they weren’t part of the DSC Record in the System. They were in the files on one of our drives. Since slight revisions were made since these were initially submitted, they weren’t uploaded to the Record.

2 hours ago, Lluck002 said:

They weren’t included in the FOIA because they weren’t part of the DSC Record in the System. They were in the files on one of our drives. Since slight revisions were made since these were initially submitted, they weren’t uploaded to the Record.

10-4.  Thanks. 

• 2 months later...

“Making progress. Another beach front hotel going up in Virginia Beach. The Moxy is set to be complete in early 2023. With 134 rooms, an oceanfront pool, and a slide from the second floor to the first, this hotel is sure to be a knockout!”

image.thumb.png.e3992d9976f3ff456424b46d99d618ad.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • vdogg changed the title to Moxy Hotel (Completed)