Upshot Medical Center at Mills Park

opivys85

They really should have matched up the ingress/egress with Mc Camy St. and create a lighted intersection. Why does the city allow this type of blatant street disconnect? We have an oppotunirty to slow down traffic in a changing mixed use corridor and create a more pedestrian friendly streetscape and we blew it- again! If we want to get away from our title as most pedestrian unfriendly city in the US, these are the types of fixes we could and should be making.

Great little infill development though, but it's the little things....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, codypet said:

I was gonna say the same thing.  A bigger problem too is that noone is going to pay attention to the right in/out with no raised median on Mills.  That's gonna be a mess.

As the last piece of Mills & Nebraska recedes into history, do we know what became of the “World’s Largest Board” that used to lean out front?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, opivys85 said:

Will be interesting to see who leases space here.

ScionHealth is taking one of the buildings for a 64-bed long-term acute care hospital (LTACH) featuring an acute rehabilitation unit. - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/scionhealth-announces-lease-agreement-with-upshot-capital-advisors-for-a-new-specialty-hospital-in-orlando-florida-301586017.html

https://upshotmedical.com/

• Like 1

I didn't notice at first, but it looks like these two buildings, which are "narrow" will be backed by their own parking deck that will be abutting the parking for the residential building.

It's funny. Mills Park was built around the time that SODO was built and this planned office-ish component lay dormant for all these recent years and finally it's getting built out with what appears to be decent businesses; definitely catering to the predominant area industry- medical.

1 hour ago, codypet said:

No I for some reason thought the medical commercial buildings going up were originally envisioned as apts.

I don't think so unless it was a very early design. Also, Mills Park was not built until after the recession. Sodo was right before/during it. 

3 hours ago, codypet said:

No I for some reason thought the medical commercial buildings going up were originally envisioned as apts.

I don't recall what the planned "order" of construction was supposed to be.  I figured it would be like Sodo, where it all goes up simultaneously.  But, as Jack noted, the recession probably delayed the office component and it was never developed until now.

• 1 year later...