Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Renovations

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2021/07/28/major-renovations-liberty-bowl-memorial-stadium-works/5400518001/

I figured this might be worth it's own thread if the Liberty Bowl does indeed see major renovations.

They are adding two party deck type areas for this upcoming season.

The article doesn't mention a timeline or what the major renovations will entail. My immediate thought is a new press box, since that has been floated around before. Hopefully it'll be all brick, to match the campus down the street, or limestone to kind of match colors with the existing structures in Liberty Park. 

Other things I'd like to see are an expanded concourse and renovated concessions and restrooms. I'd also like to see the number of chairback seats at least quadrupled. The capacity still needs to be in the 50,000 seat range so, to counteract the loss of seats due to chairbacks, they could add seats in the North end zone opposite the jumbotron.

• Like 1

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2021/07/28/major-renovations-liberty-bowl-memorial-stadium-works/5400518001/ I figured this might be worth it's own t

This is exciting to see continued investment in the program. Hopefully we see renderings soon.