500 2nd Ave. South, 39 story residential; 29 story hotel; 32 story residential on full 3.4 acre block (Cumulus Radio site)

smeagolsfree

13 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

With this project and 2nd & Peabody, I think this sort of puts Nashville in a cutting edge class of architecture. It’s sort of a new wave of thinking to have all of this green space incorporated into the high-rise projects and to have two, three-tower developments right next to one another will draw attention to Nashville as a model, I think.

This could be a catalyst for similar projects of this scale and nature to happen elsewhere in SoBro. These are the test examples, IMO.

If you disagree, thats fine, but this will be unique especially for a mid size city. Lets also just say I am not so sure this will go back to the drawing board.

I hope a majority on Metro Council agree with this. Nashville is always a follower among cities (to wit TRANSIT). Maybe the current boom and certain tech companies moving there will force some leading edge thinking among members of local government. 

Admittedly, I haven't watched city hall meetings (even here) closely enough to be familiar with the most effective persuasive tactics of members. That said, to what extent should (would) a Metro Council member be an advocate for a development like this? 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

With this project and 2nd & Peabody, I think this sort of puts Nashville in a cutting edge class of architecture. It’s sort of a new wave of thinking to have all of this green space incorporated into the high-rise projects and to have two, three-tower developments right next to one another will draw attention to Nashville as a model, I think.

This could be a catalyst for similar projects of this scale and nature to happen elsewhere in SoBro. These are the test examples, IMO.

If you disagree, thats fine, but this will be unique especially for a mid size city. Lets also just say I am not so sure this will go back to the drawing board.

If the Speyer development is similarly impressive, this will be a very nice corridor. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, nashville born said:

500 2nd Ave South, Oct 11, 2021, render 1.png

I wish some company would do one of these that includes all of downtown's pending projects (12th street stuff, NY, etc).  Of course, it's probably good no one has because I'd likely lose my mind looking at it.

I have always imagined essentially google earth 3D with all the proposed projects so you could see everything comparatively and different angles..... a dream haha 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...