500 2nd Ave. South, 39 story residential; 29 story hotel; 32 story residential on full 3.4 acre block (Cumulus Radio site)

smeagolsfree

On 12/10/2021 at 7:30 PM, Luvemtall said:

The city needs to embrace what lies ahead, start thinking like the major player that it has become, and start putting together a plan that allows for the heights and density that comes with being a true Metropolis. 

You mean heights and density like Nashville Yards, Reed development, Beaman developments, Fifth and Broadway, 2nd Ave development, Cumulus development, Gulch Union, River North, Nuehoff development, Broadwest, Capital View, Tishman Speyer development, the future roundabout, the current CBD, the square (1st Ave to 4th Ave, Demonbreun to KVB) or do those not count?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

This is what knee jerk responses to comments without comprehending context looks like. You do realize that there are people actively pushing back against 2nd / Peabody and the Cumulus site and developments like it within the Lafayette sub district of downtown on the Planning Commission, right? 

You do comprehend those two projects got approved as well as their height? Do you? I hope so. Because they were. 

By your logic if four people say no craft beer joints should be allowed in the city, then Nashville has banned craaaaaft beeeeeeeer.

I hope I'm not talking over your head. If so, let me know and I will make an attempt to break it down in a more simple manner.

Edited by Licec
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

…. And this is why I made some of my comments. It shouldn’t be this way, especially with some of the reasons given ( line of sights of FT NAGLEY ) come on … really. And all the above projects, they do count to the overall picture. But how many of those can’t live up to their full potential, because of all the fear of heights that is abundant here? These developers shouldn’t have to be asking for bonus height allowance anywhere in the downtown core. 

I will disagree strongly on that now due to the land price values that have skyrocketed. It is not worth the money for the land investment so they have no choice. Metro has admitted the DTC they did 10 years ago was a mistake. They admitted that in a Planning meeting.

There  is no way to get the ROI they need to do these projects now. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Then they have to ask for bonus height, and have to scale back mostly because of the height fears . 

Height fears by whom? And what evidence do you have that "they" are afraid of height? Has anyone or operational body in the Nashville government said they or their organization were afraid of height for buildings? You constantly bombard the forum with this statement. So I'm thinking for you to say this constantly that you must have evidence of it. Are you able to provide us with this evidence? If not, then why?

Edited by Licec

Another issue Metro has had came from the planning dept. from years ago. This is when the head of Planning at the time wanted the buildings to start low at the river and stair step up.

This was when Rick Bernhardt was head of Planning. It was a horrible idea and that was one of the issues that started all of the height issues to start with. You cant build a building of a certain height close to the river because it was policy. Too tall was what was said and that is why 10 floors were cut off the Encore.

I am sure he is having a stroke looking at the plan he envisioned going to hell. I am glad it has gone there. He is also the one that gave us tall and skinny homes too. Another crappy idea!

The problem with Planning is they cant seem to look past five years when they need to look 50 years down the road.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

I'll never understand why anybody would want more people around. That only means more crime,  higher prices,  and a lower standard of living. You'll see. One day you'll be saying to yourself,  that beautiful intelligence sofisticated classy and extremely sexy FromParkAve was right. 

We need a lot more people around here because people rock!  Most of the things you are complaining about like high prices and lower standard of living are caused by the government, not regular people who are just trying to live their lives as best they can.

• 2 months later...

Have we heard any rumblings on this project or 2nd and Peabody across the street? I know lots else has been going on but it seemed like a hot topic that suddenly slowed. Drive by it all the time on 2nd Ave and imagine them both! Hopefully will come to fruition one day