500 2nd Ave. South, 39 story residential; 29 story hotel; 32 story residential on full 3.4 acre block (Cumulus Radio site)

smeagolsfree

1 minute ago, Brichar4 said:

Have we heard any rumblings on this project or 2nd and Peabody across the street? I know lots else has been going on but it seemed like a hot topic that suddenly slowed. Drive by it all the time on 2nd Ave and imagine them both! Hopefully will come to fruition one day

Active lawsuit by residents from City Lights challenging the Overall Height Modification approval for both projects. I’m not a lawyer, so I could be misinterpreting what I’m seeing, but it looks like a hearing is scheduled for tomorrow according to the chancery court website. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Active lawsuit by residents from City Lights challenging the Overall Height Modification approval for both projects. I’m not a lawyer, so I could be misinterpreting what I’m seeing, but it looks like a hearing is scheduled for tomorrow according to the chancery court website. 

I hope the plaintiffs win their lawsuit because both the 500 2nd Ave and Park Place projects could use a much needed redesign.

Edited by Licec
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

At least the people on the east side of CL will still have a view of whatever that crap is next to their building... looks like a gas station, a couple of small surface parking lots for one or two small stand-alone buildings.  Oh, and they can still get glimpses of the amphitheater and at least for a while the 4th of July fireworks.  Oh, and to the west they'll have beautiful views of several lovely new skyscrapers that will save them money on their AC bills in the summer.  Not bad really ... ;)

• Like 2