Prediction & Speculation Thread

smeagolsfree

Agree, both should be held accountable. And I truly believe Murfreesboro/ Rutherford is definitely prime for relocations and new high rise development. But , I do not count Wilson out completely. Sooner or later the old establishment will be replaced and new faces will bring be ideas and hopefully new development to Lebanon/ Wilson County.

• Like 1

There is already a little movement on that front. I saw some permits or some other type of Metro docs for those parcels not long ago that makes me think The Mathews Cos.are trying to breath new life back into this project. I think the timing may be a little better now.

Not much I don’t have my nose stuck into.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

They came within 2 floors of the with Vertis and will be within 3 with Eden House, but the two remaining parcels on that block ae zoned for 15. It could happen but I don't think so. It would take a change of minds adn hearts in that neighborhood. Probably have to be a high-rise full of retired nuns or something like that.

It was samsonh that suggested Green Hills.  My guess is Metro Center, sans nuns.  I want everyone to know where I put my money in case I'm correct and win the office pool.  :good:

Edited by Mr_Bond
  • Like 1

I agree with Green Hills as the most likely, but I would also add the Harding Pike/White Bridge-Woodmont area as another contender. Rents there can support a high end development, and there’s already some mid rises in that area. 

I would also agree with Wilco being the most likely, although I think downtown Franklin is the more likely place inside Williamson. There’s not much of a reason at this point to build over 20 stories in Cool Springs, but I think there is a good reason to do it downtown. 

• Like 3

On 8/9/2021 at 4:20 AM, titanhog said:

They really need to build some more “exclusive” residences in Rutherford County, though.  More in the $2 Million+ range.

I'm sure Rutherford County officials would love for that type of development to occur, but Williamson County dominates that category.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Armacing said:

I'm sure Rutherford County officials would love for that type of development to occur, but Williamson County dominates that category.  

Yeah…and that’s the main reason Rutherford doesn’t yet attract any major relocations on the corporate side.  I think they could in the future, but only after Williamson “fills up”.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, satalac said:

I think the other part of it is that planners in Williamson Co were much better at planning than Rutherford Co. I've never gotten the feeling that anywhere in Rutherford County is really planned, just more of a spur of the moment thing. The Medical Center area is as close as it's gotten to have felt planned, and it's still a hodge podge of strip malls and hotels. 

Totally agree!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 12:01 PM, smeagolsfree said:

If the Rutledge Hill announcement could be classified a 6.5 on the Richter scale, then I will say there was also a 4.0 this morning too I cant say anything about just yet, maybe later this week.

So the rumblings under the volcano are starting to increase.

Hensler site?

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 1