Trains. Pictures of trains.

I would like this thread 1000 times  if I could.

The patio at Divine Barrel is a pretty great place to sip some beers at watch trains when its a bit cooler.

It also seems like some decent railfaning could be done in downtown Belmont (slightly less traffic than DB) but I have not been able to dial that in (e.g. comfortable seat and cold drinks) yet.

Down in Lancaster, the Lancaster and Chester RR (S. Main street) stores, maintains and rents some very swanky private rail cars. 

Wye Hill Kitchen in Raleigh has a patio where some seats have a good view view of the Boylan wye. I found out the hard way that they were reservations only back in April due to Covid so I was not able to pull that off.

Downtown Greensboro (the old Natty Green's brew pub patio) may be the best railfan spot in NC -- they have a bit more traffic than anywhere in Charlotte. Second best might be the Hamlet station, but it lacks the amenities of cold drink. Nearby Seaboard Station restaurant (not actually an old station) has a solid buffet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1