Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

46 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Yah, the 2 residential will be tall, both over 300' but they will not approach the 500' mark. The office tower will "tower" over them... However 3 towers are going to make this space feel very dense. 

That's still awesome. From what I know most/all of the South End high-rises so far have been around or below the 300' mark so they will still be very impressive in context.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

The rumor is saying maybe a Hotel right? I wound think its going to be something high end. Maybe a Four Seasons? The only reason it might not be that high-end is a lot of these Marque brands like to put residence in their towers, and this will not have Condos. 

I think the rumors of a hotel might be for another site nearby.

Just now, KJHburg said:

this is good news about this project from the Biz Journal article

""The Riverside development team is having leasing presentations almost every week, Scacco said. Activity ramped up after Riverside closed on the land acquisition.  “I feel very confident in the prospect of securing a prelease before construction starts,” Scacco said.  Joe Franco, senior vice president at CBRE, said both potential tenants and the brokerage community are excited about this unique development between uptown and South End. Franco, along with CBRE's Kris Westmoreland and Stephanie Spivey, will oversee office leasing for the project.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2022/02/08/riverside-reveals-new-renderings-for-uptown-site.html

So no tenant yet. This begs the question though, does the Riverside team heave a bidding war for the space if there are multiple large entities trying to get the project? 

4 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

So no tenant yet. This begs the question though, does the Riverside team heave a bidding war for the space if there are multiple large entities trying to get the project? 

doubt that will happen.  I think a building of this size could handle 1-2 large tenants maybe more.  My random thoughts either an out of town tenant or a big bank in America. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I interpret Scacco's comments as indicating that Riverside is perfectly content to sit on this land and its plans for it as an investment holding in their portfolio until they've secured a tenant.  If that doesn't happen in 2022, and perhaps in 2024, then we will see groundbreaking in 2024.  I'm not so sure they start construction on something of this scale with no tenant commitment.  Anyone know otherwise?

Edited by RANYC

1 minute ago, RANYC said:

I interpret Scacco's comments as indicating that Riverside is perfectly content to sit on this land and its plans for it as an investment holding in their portfolio until they've secured a tenant.  If that doesn't happen in 2022, and perhaps in 2024, then we will see groundbreaking in 2024.  I'm not so sure they start construction on something of this scale with no tenant commitment.  Anyone know otherwise?

I took it to mean the will start construction no matter what, and believe the will have a tenant before ground breaking. Its how they worded it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

I took it to mean the will start construction no matter what, and believe the will have a tenant before ground breaking. Its how they worded it. 

He feels confident they will secure a pre-lease tenant before construction starts.  Don't quite see that as "we will start construction purely speculatively." 

The model assumption for this project is that Riverside's foray into Charlotte won't require purely speculative construction...the management team's confidence is placed in the idea that construction will start with the security of a tenant commitment in hand.  The plan is that this "security" will allow for Q4 ground-breaking, but again, I've seen plenty developers adjust this.

I'm not in his head, but my cautious optimism is how I interpret his comments.

Regardless of the exact timing on the office bldg, my hope is that the apartments can get underway regardless of how fast or slow things proceed with finding an anchor for 800K sq ft of brand new space.  

Edited by RANYC

These are stunning renderings all around.  Anyone know the brokerage take on this project?  Surely these are offices for the executive suite and deal-makers of a massive company's HQ.  Is this the type of space you put your legal, compliance, and risk management guys in?  This project must be for either BofA or for a new HQ that the state is working to land, no?

• Like 2

Just now, RANYC said:

These are stunning renderings all around.  Anyone know the brokerage take on this project?  Surely these are offices for the executive suite and deal-makers of a massive company's HQ.  Is this the type of space you put your legal, compliance, and risk management guys in?  This project must be for either BofA or for a new HQ that the state is working to land, no?

I would traditionally say no, but as companies are pushing for RTO, and as Legal, Compliance, Risk, and Audit are becoming immensely competitive for the big banks here in Charlotte (IE Citi and Truist poaching Wells and BOA Compliance professionals left and right here, as those two banks have just recently built out massive Frontline and IRM programs), who knows. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

image.jpeg.42fc75c208f85edbcea1d83086b16ff3.jpeg

Yep…. Shades of 150 Riverside as well. Top tier design at play here. 

The residential building on the right appears to be at least 36 floors, from this rendering. That would make it taller than Avenue I believe and be at least 400 feet tall..I’m guessing. 

• Like 4

I have no insider knowledge, but this development just reeks off some large HQ relocation (or existing). 600' plus tall office tower with a hotel next to it for its employees/customers just seems like another type of development that was similar to BofA (Office and Ritz Carlton) and Ally (Office and JW Marriott). 

• Like 3